Chapter 23

Finally updating! Sorry if there's going to be some typo, I'm doing this from my phone. Enjoy the story as it is getting steamy :-)

UPDATE: spacing problem is fixed now, thanks for letting me know guys :)

###

The bidder has instructed through the girl to tell me to wait in front of my building. So there I was, standing and hoping I don't end up with some psycho, or worse, one of those mur...

"Hey Pamela," I hear a familiar voice.

William Wales.

He smiles the moment I catch his gaze.

"Oh God. Really, Will?"

"Absolutely," he says, "So, are you ready for the date?"

"A date?"

"Yes, I kind of earned it, you see."

I chuckle. "Fine. Let's go then."

We walk beside each other toward the gate, which is when I see a black limo waiting with a well-suited man standing in a ready to open the door for us.

"Oh my God. A limo? You're overdoing this already."

"Good evening ma'am," the man nods his head and opens the door for me.

I look at Will and I can immediately sense how this night is going to turn out a lot more than ordinary.

***

William is wearing a black suit, white shirt, no tie. For the whole time we were in the car, which seemed to take forever in this very awkward situation, I try to make good sense out of this: is this true, does he actually like me? Why is he doing this?

"Will, I think we need to-"

"We're here," he says.

I turn my head to look what's outside the window. It's a castle.

No, wait.

It's the Buckingham Palace.

Oh my God, are we in London?

The door beside me opens. I blink back to reality and step out of the car. William takes my hand as he leads me toward the steps. The grand, gold-carved door opens, and I see a butler bows, "Good evening Your Highness, good evening Miss Pollak. Welcome to Buckingham Palace."

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.

I can't do this. I can't.

"Will," I pull his hand as he's about to step forward, "Will, wait."

"What's wrong?" he asks

"I'm sorry, I can't do this. Can you take me home, please? I'm sorry."

He looks surprised. But quickly he said, "Yes, okay."

I walk fast back to the limo. William makes sure I am settled inside and he walks around the car to get in. The moment he's inside, he looks at me and says, "What's going on? Too much for you?"

"I'm sorry. This is just... I just didn't expect any of this. I didn't even expect the bidder was going to be you."

William asks the driver to start driving. The car leaves.

"I apologize if I have made you uncomfortable. It really wasn't my intention."

I look at him and our gazes meet. All of a sudden I feel sorry for him. He has paid a lot of money for this and I have been very selfish.