Chapter 33

After we stopped over by the hospital again to check on my mom (she's planning to catch up on Real Housewives series and hit the bed), we go back to the house.

"So what do you want for dinner?" I ask, "I think the Chef can prepare us some pasta..."

"Oh, we're going out tonight," he says.

"We are?"

"We're going out," he says, and he opens the door to my room, "Come see what's inside."

I look at him weird and step inside.

There is a white box on the bed that says Chanél in black letters.

I gasp. "Is this...?"

"I got the tip from Lauren that you're a fan of this brand."

"Oh my God," I held my breath as I open the box. There is a long black gown that is unbelievably... Chanél.

"Will, this is beautiful," my voice shakes in disbelief.

"I notice you wear black dresses a lot. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I dreamt of this in my sleep!"

"Well, good then. So now you get to wear the dream dress to go out with the man of your childhood dream."

"Oh shut up!" I hit his head while he laughs, "But where are we going?"

"You'll see. Go get dressed, we don't want to be late."

***

William put us in a black long limo with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.

Twenty minutes later, the car stops at this dark alley and we walk to enter from the back door.

A guy in black suit nods at William and says, "Good evening, Your Highness."

Your Highness? Just then I notice William is not wearing his usual disguise. He looks like William, wearing a black suit with black tie, looking incredibly handsome. Like a true Prince.

We are ushered through long stairs, and walked across empty hall. I begin to suspect we are going to have dinner in a 'surprise rooftop' or something, like it's specifically arranged for him.

We reach the end of the hall and the guy opens the door in front of us. And I immediately see...

Broadway.

"Enjoy Cinderella," the guy says.

"Oh my God," I whisper as I realize we're seated at the place I did not even know existed. I mean, I knew there were those boxed seats for VVIPs inside the theatre, but I never actually saw them. These special boxes turn out to be very private up here with the most perfect view to the stage, and on the table they serve champagne.

"Oh Will, this is just..." I say, looking at him.

He smiles, "One of my wishes was to see Broadway, remember? And you said yesterday you want to see Cinderella, so I made some calls."

I am speechless. The curtain opens and a girl runs up on stage singing.

Cinderella.

It's an amazing show. The casts were so good and funny, you're sucked into the story.

My favorite scene was when Cinderella was crying because she can't go to the ball and the fairy Godmother appeared to salvage her. I actually cried my eyes a little bit.

Cinderella is wearing a yellow gown for the ball. It was made by magic. Because what else really, could make a gown that pretty out of all rags and sorrow.