Chapter 20

Christian never specifically spoke about why he was pissed, or what he really felt. He ended up staying at my dorm room that night and the next day he walked me to class. Which made me realize, it was the first time for him to actually walk me to class.

I reckon he's jealous. I mean, Christian is the most wanted guy in campus, no doubt about that, and physically speaking he's even more attractive than William (or Brad Pitt, for that matter). But William is a Prince, and girls around the world dream to be with him. So in a way, he sees him as serious threat too.

I don't find it annoying or anything. I mean, I like it, but it's kind of weird to see him very available to me. I'm not used to seeing him this often; like the other day he actually sat with me in the Cafe during lunch. And he also walked me to class.

"Pam, are you and Christian an item?" a classmate asks me, "If you are, you got to give me tips. Christian never had in a committed relationship... So you're his first."

"No we're not," I replied

"Not what?"

"An item."

"But you're together a lot these days though, it's actually really annoying to see."

She isn't the only one who asks me these sort of questions, by the way.

"What are you doing here?" Lauren asks Christian when she sees him in parade meeting.

"Oh hi Lauren, great to meet you too."

"What are you doing here?" Lauren now seem to be pissed off. I am confused.

"I was just..." he looks at me and looks at Lauren again, "I was just going to practice," he squeezes my arm and says, "I'll see you later okay. I'll pick you up here after my practice."

He leaves the room.

Lauren and I look at each other. Awkward. Then Lauren says, "Pam, you know I love you so much, right? I do. I think you're a great friend."

"Thanks Lauren, I think you are a gr..."

"That is why I am going to be honest with you, okay. I have slept with Christian."

"What?"

"Yes, once. And he just never called me again afterwards. He is, Pamela, for the lack of a better word, is an asshole.    I understand you are the one who finally melt his heart, or whatever people are saying around here about you two, but I think you deserve better, Pam. You do. I'm sorry."

I am speechless. I never heard Lauren spoke any bad words, never did I expect her to be one of Christian's victims.

"But if you decide to proceed, I will still support you. I am sure you will handle him better than me," says Lauren again, "I hope you'll teach him."

She places her bag on the chair and as she looks up, she looks directly to the door, "Oh hi Will. Sorry. Have you stood there long?"

I turn my head in surprise. I catch Will's eyes.

***

"How are you?" Will asks after our meeting is finished.

"Nervous," I say, "You think the parade will become a success?"

"Judging by the size of balloons you're inflating, I think it will."

I chuckle. The door swings opened and Christian appears. He immediately doesn't look happy.

"Hi Christian, how are you?" Will asks

"I'm good. Thanks," he says, wrapping his hand around my shoulders, "Are you ready, baby?"

"Yeah," I say, not wanting to turn this into another drama, "See you Will."

"Oh by the way Will," Christian says again, "I met your girlfriend on my way here. I think she was looking for you."

###