Chapter 25

I wear my lace nude dress and a pair of matching stilletos, and letting my hair all down with a bit of a curl touching my shoulders. I must look really nice because the moment Christian sees me, he was unable to speak for 2 minutes.

"You are ravishing," he says finally, taking my hands.

"Oh thank you Sir," I smile.

We drive to La Quartier and when we get there, all the people seem to know Christian's name. We were placed at the nicest table with the best view overlooking the city.

"So this is where you bring your priority girls, I assume," I say smiling as the waiter pours us a glass of Merlot, "So tonight I am officially your priority girl."

"You have always been my priority girl, baby," he says, "The only reason why I never take you here is because you always refused to go out in public with me. Probably you're afraid it'll threaten all the other guys who are obviously cannot compete with me," he chuckles and lifts his glass, "Cheers."

I laugh, "Cheers."

"So how was William last night?"

I nearly choked on my wine. "How did you know it was him?"

"Oh please. A phone bidder? Who else have that kind of money but zero courage to do it in public?" he says, "So where did he take you?"

"Buckingham Palace."

"Jesus Christ. Of course. That must have been the only trick he masters, the Prince-Charming-Taking-Woman-To-My-Castle trick."

"Hey!" I can't help not to laugh, "You pull cheesy tricks too. To a number of women, I might add."

"Yes, but I am a single man. And most importantly, all the women understand the rules. They all have no boyfriends. I don't cross lines."

It's true though, Christian never went after girls who are in committed relationship.

You know, like me.

"Well, that's exactly why I didn't push through with it," I say, I asked him to take me home."

He looks surprised, "Really?"

"Yes."

"And then?"

"And then we went back."

"Nothing happened?"

"What do you think?"

"Yes, I wouldn't expect you to do anything like that. The man has a girlfriend who is madly in love with him. You won't do such thing to her."

I pause for awhile, then I say, "Yes. Never."

"Poor guy. He could have donated that 10 grand to the poor or something," Christian smirks.

I really want to ask about his date, but I'm afraid it'll seem too nosy. We don't act nosy toward each other.

"So do you want to know how my date went?" he asks, "I'll tell you."

"No, that's fine," I say, "Shall we order?"

He smiles, "This is why you remain as my highest priority, Pamela. Yeah, let's order."

***

We were just finishing our main course when someone approached our table. It was a woman and she drops a copy of Hello! magazine right in front of me. "This is you, right?"

I look at the cover. It's a picture of me and William during the Color Run parade. We were dancing, but the positions in the picture suggest like we're kissing. The headline reads, "WILLIAM CHEATING?"

"I just want to say, shame on you!" the woman says and leaves our table, "You're just the same like your shameful family!" she shouts again, and so everyone stares at us.

I feel my heart starts beating really fast. I reach for the magazine and open it.

And there it is. Hello! has a lot of pictures of me and William during the parade, and also.. Oh my God, is that a picture of me dancing in a stripper-style on stage? There's a caption that reads, "Pamela Pollak is known as a man-eater, our sources say."

I continue reading.

Pamela Pollak is the daugher of Michael Pollak, a high-profile lawyer in New York who was made infamous for defending corporate frauds. Michael Pollak also made headlines last year for having a relationship with a married model under the initial GC. Pamela's mom is known as alcoholic.

Pamela started approaching William to become part of parade organizing committe at the university. She asked him to attend meetings and then invite him to lunch. "She knows William is dating Kate, but she just doesn't care," our source said. So an apple doesn't fall far from the tree, we assume?

"Pam, what is going on?" Christian asks.

I closed the magazine, feeling a hath of fury growing inside me.

"Do you know where William lives?" I ask.

He nods, "Yes, we're actually in the same building."

"Take me there. Now." I stand up and walk fast toward the door.

I can feel all eyes are watching.
Judging me.

###