Ch. 14: Heigl and Mitzuiko

"Please wait a moment. I'll restock my supply shortly." Ralph turned around and walk away as if he didn't even consider if they gave permission. As if he is not asking for permission, he is more likely commanding them.

"Hey cheater, wait a moment. Chottoooo!![1]" Heigl protested for a while but stopped what she was saying when she saw how Ralph seemed unaffected by her complains.

"So? What do you think?" Mitzuiko ask a rather sudden question.

A sharp glint appeared in the eyes of the girl masking her innocent façade a while ago. Who would expect that an innocent and cheerful girl can radiate an aura that only those with many experiences can radiate. Her eyes shone with brilliance, sharpness and cunningness while looking at the silhouette of the boy.

"Cold, unapproachable, slightly ruthless, slightly introverted however he is true, honest, helpful, kind, and loyal. I am not sure how accurate my judgement is, however, he is a person worth to be friend of." Heigl answered as if she knew Ralph in real life. Mitzuiko said nothing and just nod, masking her true thoughts.

Heigl can distinguish what type of a person you are once she have made a contact. Of course she is not a real seer but most of the time she hits the mark. This is the reason why they flourished in other games they played thanks to her observations. They befriended trustworthy people while avoiding those who don't. It was also her that prevented any spy from entering their guild gaining a rather positive reputation and was dubbed as the most trustworthy guild. Of course, as a human, she committed mistakes too but the good thing is she would rather admit that she was wrong than finding excuses to make it right.

Mitzuiko knew how reliable her judgement is, however, she had been betrayed and hurt for how many times that doubting is almost her second nature. For her, trust is just a trash world. She knew how people talk about her. Gossiped about her. Used her. The only one who she can trust is Heigl, whom stick to her through ups and downs.

"Observe him for the meantime."

They did not wait for too long and Ralph came back shortly. Heigl reverted to her childish behaviour and continued to pester Ralph for a long period of time while they are travelling. Ralph felt his head throbbing. He felt like he was being tortured by a 4 year-old kid who knew nothing but ask endless stupid questions.

"Can you shut up?"

"How can I shut up if you don't even answer my questions!? You are ignoring me are you? You are ignoring me! How mean of you! If you continue to ignore me I'll break ties with you! I'll disown you as a friend!" Ralph felt his mouth twitching.

'As if we are friends!' Ralph resist his urge to shout. He was getting annoyed by how childish this woman is.

'And you! Will you do something about this girl?' Mitzuiko seemed oblivious on how Heigl is acting. As if she were already immune to her childishness. Ralph shrugged, feeling helpless and for nth time decided to ignore her.

Mitzuiko normally should have stop Heigl's rudeness however, her focus is in something else.

RALDC Level 30

Job: Ninja

Affiliation: None

'This guys is the real deal.' She exclaimed inwardly as she glance at her party menu. You've got to know that levelling is as hard as finding a rotten apple upon boxes of good ones. It's not impossible but very hard and extremely tiring. This guy having a level of 30 proves that he got the skills a professional should have. She is the highest level on her guild yet this guy surpassed her by a whole two levels! Now Mitzuiko is thinking upon what Heigl said a while ago. A while ago, she seemed oppose of what Heigl suggested. Being a guild master for how many games, she developed a strong intuition about dangerous people. She seemed to detect which is a naturally good people, and a naturally bad people. Heigl can glance a person's personality, however, Mitzuiko can feel about a person's personality. If a hypocrite guy should be place in front of her, she would detect that the guy is naturally bad person. Likewise, if a person pretending to be a ruffian she would detect that the person is a naturally good person. However, what startled Mitzuiko was she can't detect if he is naturally good or bad person. She can't even feel any desire from him. Normally people will display a hint of affection for her and she would naturally catch it even the tiniest hint, however the person in front of him seemed made of stone as he only showed one reaction through their entire travel: indifference. Even if he was bombarded by the silly questions Heigl gave. Some normal people will complain about how noisy Heigl was, however he just said one sentence and seemingly ignored her presence after.

"It's here." Mitzuiko was brought to her senses when she heard a cold, indifferent and almost monotonous voice. It was the boundary of their current location and the Guard's Domain.

"How do we split the loot?" Asked Mitzuiko.

"Roll."

"Deal." The game has a built in rolling game that determine who will have the item. It all depends on luck as such.

As they walk, they saw some players fighting against some mobs. Compared to their party, they are what they call a proper party as they have a tank and a healer. Meanwhile, all they have is an archer, a mage, and a ninja. In terms of firepower they posed no problem, however in terms of survivability that's another matter.

As they walk deeper, they encountered a pack of mobs consisting a lot of Undead Guard and Undead Soldiers. Without hesitation, Ralph took the front lead and unleashed a flurry of attacks while Heigl and Mitzuiko attacked from a distance.

Mitzuiko starts to worry a while ago since they do not have a tank to withstand the enemy's attack. She knew how important a tank is. She felt helpless since the quest needed only 3 person to participate and they can't add anymore. After seeing how Ralph dance around the battlefield, her eyes glint as she observe him. His movements seems clumsy and barely dodging the attacks, it was as if he predicted where and when will the attacks came from. It was as if he can read all the movements of his enemy. All throughout the battle, his smile never faded as if he was just taking a walk from the park or just playing with little children.

Ding! Undead Guard killed. Gained 1000 exp.

Ding!....

Their notification alarmed like it was the end of the world and their exp bar progress a lot. They killed many mobs that they even lost count how many. They proceeded deeper as they saw a five meter tall walls and a gate made of metals and skulls hanging in them.

Guard' Domain Cemetery.

Ralph and his party no longer hesitated and walk in as they opened the gate.

..

Note: 1215 words lang ang nakaya ko dito. Honestly nakakatamad mag-sulat. Ewan ko siguro dahil sa paglalaro ko or pagbabasa na minsan nakakalimutan kong mag sulat. Hinabol ko lang itong chapter na ito. Medyo pangit nga eh. Anyway, next update? Di ko alam. May event kami next week. Basta mag-u-update nalang ako pag nakagawa na ako ng chapters. Next chapter hindi na English, nakaka nosebleed. Sakit sa ulo.

[1]: Wait or Hey in english.

Happy Reading!