Chapter 7 ✨

Skinny Love

Today we need to show JYP our dance. I'm kinda excited, because I practiced so much, more than the others of course. I also feel better while dancing. And Minho hasn't scolded me yet, though we are dancing for almost two hours now.

JYP walks into the room during our little break to watch us for the next fifteen minutes. We all drink some water and go on dancing then. He watches every move we make. It feels like he's observing us and every step we make. But we give it all. We want him to see that we practiced much. We want to show him that we're better now. I want to show him that I am better now. He already told me I don't get the high notes, at least he should see that I'm a better dancer now than before.

Maybe that makes me feel better. He doesn't need to praise me or something. I would be happy if he didn't even say anything to me. I just don't want to be scolded. I just want to be good, like the others for once. So I give everything to achieve my goal. And in the end he didn't scold me. But of course there were other problems...

„You all practiced much. I'm proud of you, guys. The choreography is also very good. And don't forget that you still have time. So there's no need to rush. I just want to talk to Chan and to Hyunjin. But first show me it once again. I wanna see it again, because it is fun to watch."
He praises us all. It makes me feel better.

So we show him the dance again. We all do our best again.

When we're finish we all need to drink. In the corner of my eye I can see Hyunjin and JYP talking. It seems to be pretty serious because of JYP's expression. But Hyunjin just nods and looks to the ground. Then he smiles at JYP and goes back to the others. But I know this smile. It was forced. Something hurt him badly. Now Chan goes to JYP and his expression softened.

I stop paying attention to their talk and go to the changing room.

When I was ready the others already left. Well, except for Hyunjin. He was still here, and he was packing his stuff slowly.
„Hey Hyunjin, is everything okay?" I ask him, because he still looks hurt.
„Of course. Everything is okay. It's just JYP..."
His voice is getting quiet at the end. So I ask again and sit next to him.
„What did he tell you?"

„He told me that... I need to get skinnier. I'm still too fat I guess..."

„No, you don't need to. Listen Hyunjin. You are already skinny and if you loose more weight, you will become anorexic. I don't know why JYP is telling you such a thing... but don't listen to him. I don't want you to become too skinny just because of that."

He doesn't say anything. He is just starring at me with those cold eyes, with this unreadable mind. I just hug him tightly and he returns the hug quickly.

„You look perfect like that, okay? Just think about my words."