Chapter 23 ❄️

❄️Happier❄️

11am. I slowly wake up, open my eyes and notice that my head is laying comfortably on Chan's chest. Meanwhile Chan's caressing my head, playing with my hair in a loving way. It makes me kinda happy seeing us like that. It makes me forget about our problems, but only for a moment. That carefree expression on my face fades away when I remember the events which happened yesterday or the hate I still receive...

"Good Morning Jinnie"
I look up to him. The sunlight makes his brown eyes shimmer and his lips look so soft right now, I still can feel the urge to just press a quick kiss on those, but I need to hold back, I can't...

"Morning Channie, slept well tonight?"
"I did, just because of you"

My eyes widen, his answer surprises me a lot, but is actually kinda cute...
"Because of me?"
He nods and smile, which I can nothing but return.

I feel better with him, I feel free on his side. Free of my problems and free of worries. That's why I enjoy every minute we are alone together so much. Because I can't imagine letting this feeling go. I can't imagine letting him go, I hope I'm never gonna make this mistake. If I had the chance or the ability to, I would freeze this moment and stop the time forever, just to be with him. Just to enjoy this feeling longer.

"Worrying much about the hate?" Chan breaks the silence after a while.
"Yes, I still do," I admit.
"You don't need to Jinnie, I hate seeing you like this, worrying. You're still perfect to me, wether it's your voice or your look. I like everything about you."
That boy really got me blushing...

"But-"
"No buts"
I can feel his warm embrace. I bury my head in his chest, inhaling his sweet scent. He's patting my back, shortly kissing my forehead.

"Channie, I can't just ignore those comments, I can't ignore the fact that so many people are hating me. It makes me feel like I'm a burden and I don't want to be like that, I really don't want to think that way, but I can't change it. I'm sorry"

"Don't say that. Listen, Woojin. You don't need to be sorry, you can't help it that people say shit like that. I just want to protect you from the hate and those feelings. Feelings like you're a burden, or you're useless because you definitely are not. Those people just don't notice how wonderful you are. I wish I could take the pain away, I wish I make you feel safe and loved. I really want to help you and I hope that someday you'll be happier. Happier than now because those feelings are past. I wish I could make you smile and make you laugh together with me. I wanna show you how beautiful the world can be."

That's the best thing I've ever heard, it gives me new courage, courage I've needed for a long time now.

I feel him staring at me, especially at my lips. Then he looks me in the eyes again.

"I never felt like this for someone before, Woojin. You're so special to me," Chan whispers in my ear. I blush extremely. Does he mean he may return my feelings? Could he perhaps love me? No, I'm sure he doesn't mean it like that, though it would be great to have a safe place, to have someone who loves you, to have that place where wounds can heal, that place I'm looking for the whole time.

But he doesn't love me and that's okay, as long as he likes me there's no need to have those kind of feelings. And nevertheless I catch him looking at my lips, again and again...