Chapter 14 ❄️

❄️Sorry❄️

It's been a few days now since Jeongin talked to me and unfortunately I've noticed that he definitely wasn't wrong. But I can't just confront Hyunjin, I guess he wouldn't tell me and that'd only make everything worse. We just need some time, he needs some time...

Right now we're in the studio, waiting for Chan to finish and show us a new song for our comeback. We all are pretty excited. But Chan doesn't make us wait long, because after five minutes he is ready to show us the song.

And the song is fantastic, it's calming down and there are so many feelings and emotions involved. It's great to listen to it, I could do so all day and all night.

And that's not only my opinion, the others think about in the same way. We all love it and praise Chan for his work. But there is one thing in my mind, it could make the song even better...

"Maybe we could sing the last refrain in two voices, so the background voice could sing it deeper..."

Chan smiles to me and opens his mouth to say something, but gets immediately interrupted by Changbin.
"C'mon Woojin, the song is perfect the way it is. I'm sure Chan and I understand more of it, you are only the mom of the group, so take care of your own-"

His words hurt a lot, even that much that I interrupt him, I just can't listen to it anymore because the urge to cry is growing with every word he says.
"So I guess there's no reason to stay here, right?" I tell him before I walk away, away from the studio, to the dorm and to my room.

They stay away pretty long, so I do the thing that hurts me most, scrolling through Twitter. And the hate still hasn't disappeared, there are even more and worse comments, new comments, but I'm reading almost all of them. I am so immersed in reading, that I don't even notice I'm crying again. My tears are running down my cheeks non stop, I am sobbing non stop, so I put my phone aside and feel how my heart starts to bleed.

I'm only the mom of the group, I'm nothing special, they don't need me...
I should be sorry, because of me Stray Kids receive hate...

I know that this so the truth, but the truth hurts like hell, so I still can't stop crying... until I hear the front door open.

I quickly run into the bathroom of Chan and me and wash my face, so nobody will notice my tears, so nobody will call me weak. Nobody should see how I am, but that changes as I see the bathroom door opening.

I look to my feet, not wanting to say anything, as he only stares at me. Then I feel a warm embrace, I feel his strong arms around me and how he caresses my back.

"Shhh, it's okay, Woojin, it's okay"

And only those words, that hug, make me feel better, I just really needed this. I needed to be with him...

He just listens to my soft cries and doesn't let me go, he's with me.

After I stop crying he lifts me up and carries me to his bed, he puts me down on it and lies down next to me. I don't say anything, I just don't feel strong enough to talk to him about it, I don't feel strong enough to do anything, I only wanna say thank you.

"Thank you, Chan"

He whispers a "no need to thank me" before I close my eyes and fall asleep.