26

Well it's been two weeks. Jake was still in his comma but progressing. Now Jake wasn't out of the hospital yet, but he was well enough that the doctors would let him stay with me at night. My mom was fine with me going to school and to the hospital, back and forth. As long im going to school and still getting work done.

Now don't get me wrong. It gets boring. But there's no where else I'd rather be. Most of the time I either get food delivered or my mom brings me food.

I've been speaking to jakes mom, keeping her updated. As much as I want to go to the hospital. Kris got released today just in time for Micheals funeral.

I looked myself in the mirror. One last time and took a deep breath.
" you sure you don't want me to drive you ?" My mom asked.
"Yeah I'm sure" I gave her a small smile.
"Okay well just keep me updated sweetie. I love you" she gave me a hug. "I love you too" I hugged her back.

With that said I closed the front door behind me and got into my car. This was all still a lot to process. I knew Jake would be a wreck when he woke up and that was just a matter of time.

I laid my head back and closed my eyes for a minute taking a deep breath, before I took off to the funeral.
As soon as I got their, Kris and Alexis came up to me and gave me a hug.
"Hey, how are you" Alexis gave me the biggest hug.
"I'm good. Thank you so much for everything" I gave her the tightest hug back.
She is the bestest friend I could as for and has been there for me as much as I would let her from a distant. With everything going on she understood that I wanted to focus and Jake a little bit more and that literally is more then I could ask for in this world.
"You going to the hospital after?" Kris asked and I nodded my head. "After I drop Alexis off, I'll head over. Is that cool?" He offered.
Kris has been keeping me company and is their for Jake when I can't be. I nodded my head to him and slowly spoke" yeah, thanks". He nodded his head showing he understood.
Alexis was the best thing we had going for Kris and I . She was being so understanding and hurting with us, but from apart. Understanding we we were distancing ourself right now.

I grabbed Alexis hand and gave it a squeeze as we walked up together to the church and inside for the ceremony. "I'm always gonna be here " she said and just gave me a small smile.

A few hours later and the ceremony was finally over. Alexis gave me one last hug and told me she loved me and I told her I loved her back.
The first thing I did was hop in the back seat of my car and change into black leggings with one of jakes long sleeve t-shirts. I then through on some slide ons and head to the hospital.

I have spent and much waking moments here right by his side. Just as much for me and him as it is for his mother who should be getting into town tonight and looking for houses right away because jakes dad isn't budging on him moving out. Jakes dad has also tried to contact me about Jake. He does care about him. But more so about him going pro like his dad has to give up cause of one of his injuries in the past.

I was their for a good hour before kris showed up with coffee for the both of us. " I hope he wakes up soon. I just wanna hear his voice again" I said sitting right next to Jake holding his hand and Kris sat beside me on another chair.
" me too" Kris said. "How's your arm?" I asked him.
"Good, thanks" Kris have me a smile and I smiled giving him a nod.
"You know, any of jakes ex's I don't think they would be here for him the same way if they were you right now. He's very lucky with you and he knows it" Kris said.
"Well how could I leave his side. I love him. And I'd like to think he'd do the same for me if the roles were switched " I told him.
"I know he would. You're his world ness" Kris said.
"Well he's mine" I smiled and glanced over and jakes helpless body.
"Everyone is convinced you two will end up together" he told me.
"So I've heard" I chuckled.
"You know the first day of second grade?" Kris said.
"In Mrs.Walkers class. Of course I do. That was the first class I actually had with Jake."
"He was stoked about it too" Kris said.
"Hey now who said I was stoked that I had a class with that pain in the butt back then" I chuckled.
"Oh we all know you were stoked" Kris chuckled. "Hell,he was more then stoked" Kris added.
"He was?" I said.
"Yeah, you were his dream girl since we were 6, and still are" Kris said. Making my heart melt a little. Knowing that he's been mine as long as I've been his.

"What took him so long?" I laughed.
"The thought of you not liking him back, even though we all knew you liked him back. He just didn't believe us"
"That's it? Hasn't he been rejected before ? By all the pretty nice girls that didn't want to get played" I laughed. And Kris laughed with me. "Yes. But with you he would have actually broken his heart if you said no. You have that power. Unlike no girl"
I nodded my head. Just thinking about all the petty little jealousy fights we've gotten into over his ex's and my little flings that never worked out.

"He was most of Afrade of hurting you" Kris said.
"So he put off dating me til he knew he got all those flings out of his system" I said annoyed.
Here I was think it was just that he liked me too much. But I wasn't good enough to keep him loyal to begin with.
"Gotcha. So since I was the virgin, there wasn't any idea how long that would last so I wasn't good enough to keep him loyal at the time" I said.
"No , no like that at all" Kris rushed over to me.
"You are good enough to keep him straight. To keep him locked down. But when puberty hit and all the girl got to him and honestly he was a hoe. And he didn't want to risk it all and hurt you" Kris said.
I just nodded my head. Kris gave me a hug.
" I wonder how he's gonna take the news about Michael" I said. "Not well. But he's got you. " Kris said. "honestly you were all he talked about even when he was with other girls. It's always been you. He barely tells me anything unless it's about you guys. Because you have become his best friend" Kris added as he sat back in his seat.
"He's mine" I said. " I know and Alexis is started to become mine" he smiled and I gave him a smile right back. " good" I said.
After that we talked a little more and then put a movie on, from my computer and went to bed. 

"Hey, ima go grab our food now" I told kris as I paused the movie real quick before replaying it for him.
"Thanks" he gave me a smile.
Today was Saturday so we didn't have any school.
As soon as I picked up our food I headed straight back to the hospital. As I was on my way up. Kris texted me.
Kris🖕🏼: He woke up!
I immediately read and all I could think was could the elevator take any longer.
As soon as the doors opened I ran to the room. As soon as I walked in I saw the doctor examining him. Kris took theropod and drinks from me.
Once the doctor was done and was just asking him questions, he gave me a small smile. All I could do was smile back.
He was finally awake.
"Im going to keep him for a few more night and if all goes well then he can go home" the doctor told kris and I. "Thank you" we both said at the same time.
I ran immediately over to Jake and gave him a light hug, to be careful incase he was in any pain.
"Hey beautiful" his raspy voice said as he hugged me back. "Oh how I missed you" I spoke.
" I've been here everyday and so has kris since he got out" I added.
"Hey dude, how are you feel?" Jake asked him.
"Don't worry about me. I'm good. How are you" Kris responded.
"I'm better now" he spoke. "What about Michael and Aaron?" Jake asked as he slid up a little to sit up. Trying not to move his leg too much that was still in a cast elevated.
"Umm about that baby" I glanced and Kris real quick before grabbing jakes hand.
"Umm there's no easy way to say this dude, but aaron is in a coma and Michael.."
"Nooo" Jake shook his head.
"I'm sorry, baby. He didn't make it" I spoke with my voice shaky as my eyes watered up.
I could see the tears coming out of jakes eyes. All I did was hold him.
"When was the funeral.." he simply asked.
"Yesterday. I went for you and as soon as you get out. I will take you too him" I spoke.
"Thank you" he kissed me.
"Anything for you" I said.
"How's aaron?" Jake asked.
"Well. He won't be waking up anytime soon but they say they have hope. They don't see why he wouldn't wake up. They've been checking on him everyday" Kris said.
"So have we" I added.
Jake nodded his head. I just held him.