Chapter 1- Y/n's little world

Y/n's POV

Until now, I used to think the worst punishment was living everyday when your death was just some inevitable occurence, waiting for you at its own convinience. Well, I had never been more wrong.

Waking up every morning, getting ready to go to school or work, might actually be the worst punishment that persists to exist. For, every morning it was a tug of war between my hands and sheets. Pushing it away, to resist my slothfulness and pulling it towards me because our force of attraction increased when it was time to wake up.

The alarm clock kept ringing on the bedside. It took literallly every ounce in me to not smash it, but I would've probably regretted it, later on. So yes, Min Y/n, you had no choice but to get up.

I was even so sure that Yoongi would've came to my room and do it the hard way. And yes, he was the one sweet enough to get that clock that taunted my precious ears every morning, that damn thing was so loud.

After managing to shut that thing up, I opened my eyes to be welcomed by the reflected rays that managed to penetrate through the beige curtains. Well at least that didn't send me back to bed, so immediately after that, I went straight to the bathroom to get ready.

____

I scurried my way down the stairs, after looking at my wristwatch that read 06h57. I had no intention of having my brother to leave me behind and driving was never an option.

I never trusted myself behind the wheel, especially in the ams and late pms. I was too clumsy, not much of a morning person and driving late at night was a no from the parents, plus where would I be going? So maybe that's kind of a lot to unpack, really.

As soon as I went to the kitchen, my brother was seated on a chair close to the isle. A coffee in his hand, and a newspaper on the other, well the usual.

"Morning." I greeted and started to nibble on my lower lip as I sat opposite him. I was waiting for whatever sarcastic response was coming at me.

There was a brief silence. It really did feel like the so called a big elephant in the room, moment. Yeah, it totally was those vibes.

"Morning, you are almost late." He darted his brown eyes at me.

"First day after summer vac, always the same." He shook his head as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Well, I can relate to that." He said, making a smile crease my face.

I quickly ate my breakfast as I honestly never liked being late for a class. All eyes were on you, whether you catwalk in there without a single care of being late, or barge in breathless, chasing the time. Missing out on important things and arriving midway of a lesson was pretty much demotivating to even listen any further.

While on the way to drop me to my college, we played some music as Yoongi focused on the driving. I looked at him and noticed the subtle dark circles under his eyes.

It reminded me of how much work he put in, to make sure all the family businesses in South Korea, were well taken care of. While our parents were always overseas, going off to business trips, everything of theirs in this country was in his hands. It was lowkey my biggest motivation everyday. Work hard, join Yoongi and brother-in-law Namjoon, help them out so they wouldn't have to work over time.

Ohh and yes, I forgot to mention, I have an older sister, Rosè, well now Mrs Kim.

Before I even knew it, the car came to a halt and I realised that the 20 minutes drive that felt like seconds was actually over.

"We are here, already?! Anyways, thank you. Have a nice day at work." I sighed before shifting back at him and briefly wrapping him in a hug.

"Uhm wait, that's yours." He said the moment I opened the door. My hands reached down on the jewellery box, I never noticed was right between us the whole time.