Chapter 6 - Jealous

Author's pov

The previous night indeed would be a memory worth keeping in their thoughts forever. It felt like a new start for them, all just because of that memorable Valentine's Day.

Jungkook and Y/n came to college together. Their relationship felt new and more revitalised than before. They were not the ones to always walk together hand in hand around college. At that point though, they walked with hands intertwined.

"I can't stop daydreaming about last night. It feels like an ecstatic dream." Y/n said leaning on Jungkook's shoulder as they walked through the corridor.

"Neither, can I. It's all true though." He said reassuringly. The moment she wanted to say something back to him, her phone rang.

Jungkook took it out from his jacket as he had both his and hers with him. He quickly looked at the ID on the screen and carelessly put it on her hand.

"Hello." Y/n said as she answered the phone and let go of Jungkook's hand. He was already annoyed with the purple heart on Ethan's name. With that being said he also had to bear that emptiness that surfaced when she let go of his hand. He felt even more resentment for Ethan.

"Ohh sure, I will see you later."  She answered on the call with a smile. Her smiling like that at some other guy, hurt him so bad.

"Calm down, we have just had a new start. I can't let this guy ruin that." He tried calming himself down.

"What's wrong? What was he saying?" He asked curiously as she opened her locker.

"Nothing much, why are you asking?" She said as she glanced at him.

"Nothing, just asking." He frowned as he gazed at her intensely.

"Okay, shall we?" She asked as she held out her hand to him. Jungkook smiled as he held her hand and they started walking to class together.

"Y/n! Jungkook! How are you?" Lisa smiled as she approached them making them more annoyed.

"Hy there to you too". Y/n said after rolling her eyes.

"Well, what do you want?" Jungkook asked angrily.

"Me? Oh nothing serious. I just wanted you to check on the latest news of our college". She said as she turned her phone so they could have a look.

"Lisa and Jungkook's reunion, isn't that lovely?" Jungkook clenched his jaw as he fumed in anger.

"It's very lovely to know that you dream about nice things, but it's a pity that not all dreams come true. This is one of those as well, just little fantasies that you can only fantasize about". Y/n said feeling so unbothered about the picture she was showing her.

There was nothing worth to worry about. It was just a picture of when Lisa seeked comfort from Jungkook the other day. Jungkook was her present and only Lisa's past, that was all that mattered most.

"Funny enough, you almost broke up with him all because of this. It seems as though you've got amnesia, let me take you back a bit. This right here is a picture of me and Jungkook, together, just few days ago". She said emphasising her words.

"So what?! Well, this right here is Y/n and Jungkook, together. It's been happening for years and it is still happening now, that's all that matters. You're just my past and nothing more. I never thought you would ever stoop this low. I regret that I ever dated someone like you in the first place". Jungkook said as he shook his head in disbelief.

For once Lisa didn't have anything more to say. She was lost of words, his words pierced through her heart in such a way she felt so suffocated.

Y/n felt a bit of pity but she didn't want to associate with her any longer. She stared at her teary eyes and her heart broke for someone who caused havoc in her life. She swore she almost comforted Lisa. She could understand her pain, Lisa was obsessed with Jungkook and his words probably shuttered her.