Chapter 7 - She lied

Author's Pov

I reached home and to my surprise my parents were back.

"Hy honey." My mother said as soon as I entered.

"Mom! You're are back?!" She exclaimed in wonder.

"Oh yes, I missed you soo much dear." She said responding to her warm hug.

"I didn't expect you to come back soo soon."
Y/n further said still being amazed by her mother's unexpected return.

"Ohh well we did say we would come back. So yeah it is what it is. Besides I was missing my children too much." She said as she touched her cheek making Y/n frown a little.

"Mom, we are not kids anymore. We are both grown ups. You no longer have to worry like that about us." Y/n said.

"I know, but it's just so hard to fathom that you are this grown. Rose is going to be a mother, Yoongi is handling family businesses so well. Now you are almost done with your tertiary education and soon you will get married. How did the time move soo fast?" She said and it moved Y/n, time really did moved very fast.

"I know right its unbelievable. Anyways where is dad and Yoongi?" She asked once she realised there was no sight of any of them anywhere.

"You know how they are, total workaholics. They are upstairs discussing some business stuff." She rolled her eyes as she spoke, making Y/n laugh a little.

"Anyways come sit here, we got a lot to chat about." She said wiggling her eyebrows and gesturing her to sit on the coach besides her.

"O-kay..." Y /n said as if assuming exactly what her mother wanted to talk about.

"So what's up with you and Jungkook?". She asked facing her. Y/n sighed and chuckled when she realised that her assumptions were true.

"Everything is fine." She simply replied.

"Just fine? That sounds a bit bleak." She said cringing a bit.

"Bleak?! Ouch! It's not as bad as you think mother."

"Right, have you guys actually...you know...yeah you get it right?" She said making Y/n's eyes pop out in utter shock.

"Mom...ohh God no! I mean, agh no!" She replied still shocked as to how her mother could ask her that.

"What? It is just a question." She shrugged not caring at all about her astonished face.

"Mom how old am I?" She asked trying to remind her she was still young.

"You're 21 and you're about to be 22 soon. In that case you are very much legal to do that." She said putting her hand on top of Y/n's, who couldn't believe her ears at all.

"I know, but me and Jungkook are not yet ready for something like that. Besides we are still young, we got a long way ahead of us. There is no rush, I don't wanna act reckless and do things I might regret in the future."
She honestly replied and her mother was satisfied by her answer.

"Mmh I like the sound of that. You know back in the days, my parents would actually take me for a check-ups twice a year. So I don't have to do that because I do trust your words and I do believe you are a responsible person. Infact both you and Jungkook are, so be careful and think twice before taking that step. I was just looking for a more comfortable way to talk about this. I have never been there like I should for you but whenever I'm here I wanna be there for you." Y/n smiled acknowledging her mother's care.

"Thanks for this kind of talk though. Honestly I thought the day you and I have this kind of talk it would be awkward and uncomfortable. I actually kind of enjoyed it than I thought. Anyways you look tired, go get some sleep." Y/n said as she held her hand leading her upstairs.