Chapter 24 : Time Goes by so Fast

💜Happy 23rd Birthday Jungkook💜
🎂🎂
::

4 years later

Y/n's Pov ( in NYC )

"Jinyoung! Jinyoung~! Jin- ....." I called out his name but I stopped the moment my eyes laid on his back. He was standing near the balcony holding something and talking alone. I went near him and leaned on the sliding door while listening to him.

" Happy Birthday....Appa, it is your birthday right? I really miss you , will you ever come and spend my birthday with me? It is next week, same month as you." Jinyoung said while he kissed a picture of his dad, Jungkook.

I felt my eyes sting with tears. He turned and froze the moment he saw me. He was jungshook ( Shocked ) exactly like Jungkook himself. I wiped my tears before they could escape my eyes.

" Hey baby~ I've been looking all over for you and you are here." I said while I caressed his jet black hair.

" How long where you standing over there eomma?" He asked while trying to hide his dad's picture from me.

"Ahmm ...long enough to know what you were doing." I said smilingly at him.

" Didn't you say, eavesdropping is bad? They say practice what you preach....ok." He said with a slight pout.

"Damn his soo cute!" I said in my mind. I didn't realise I stared at him for soo long. There was absolutely nothing from his face that resembled mine. Wherever I went people would ask if he was mine. He was a complete carbon copy of Jungkook.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked me while I knelt down to his level. I looked at him Again , I couldn't believe that being a mother would feel that good. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

" I don't know, I just....I'm happy to have you." I said raining kisses on both of his cheeks.

" Eomma!" He said in our embrace. I hummed as a response.

"When we go to Korea, will appa come and meet me? Doesn't he miss me? I miss him, I want to celebrate my 4th birthday with him. Do you think he will come?" He said while my stomach dropped at his tone. Tears started to drop from his eyes. He pressed his thin lips together,exactly like his father when he cried.

"Ahmm... I ...we can't celebrate with him but I'm ....since we are going back to Korea , you will see him. I promise." I said while I wiped his overflowing tears. I would do anything to get those tears away from his eyes. He was my life , my heart and soul, and he will always be.

" No! You said it before but you didn't take me to see him. You said he is always busy in Korea that's why he never comes. But why did we never go to see him." He said while a little agitated and I could feel all those years of him longing for his father being poured out.

I couldn't believe that my son who was barely even 4 years said that. I just wanted what was best for him. I knew it would be painful for him to live without a father, but at that time I was too stressed to think straight. I was confused and immature. I was just putting his health first, I couldn't handle the pain that Jungkook caused me. I had lost all trust in him and I couldn't find the courage to allow him in my life again, for him to break me even more. Jinyoung wouldn't have been born if I kept stressing myself that way.