Chapter 29 : Forgetting = Addiction

Author's Pov - The Next Day

( Y/n's Office)

"Taehyung, it's me again! Please call me when you get this message." She said on the line, after another hopeless moment of him not picking up his phone.

She had called him many times from the night before but he didn't pick up. She was starting to feel overwhelmed and wanted to see him.

" I'm sure something isn't right, Taehyung doesn't behave like this. I would've already received many morning emojis and stickers by now. I wonder what happened ? "

She was starting to contemplate on whether to go to his house and cancel all her meetings.

" Hey!" Jungkook said as he entered her office. "Is everything okay? I knocked a few times before barging in." He continued as he stood a few feet from her dazed stare.

" Ohh uh- uhm , I'm sorry I was just thinking about something." She said as she shook her thoughts away.

"Are you going somewhere though?" He asked as soon as he spotted her hand fiddling with her handbag. She took a minute to think before answering.

" Yes actually, I'm just a little worried about Taehyung. His not picking up my calls and he left last night without a good bye." She said as she took her handbag fully in her hands.

"Obviously, why wouldn't you?!" Jungkook scoffed lowly and it was hardly audible to her.

" What about the meeting then?" Jungkook asked in a monotone voice.

"Can't we not do it some other time?" Y/n asked convincingly, earning a slight shake of the head from him.

" Sure , we can. " Jungkook sarcastically answered. She was about to turn the lock when he held onto her hand.

It surely pained him, that Taehyung was all she was thinking about. If only Taehyung himself knew about it then he would know how lucky he was.

" Don't you think we have some unfinished business Miss Min?" He said as he took slow steps towards her, making her scrunch her eyebrows. She took steps backwards until she was against the door and he was only few inches away from her.

" Jungkook ~ please stop that ..." She said anxiously before he interrupted.

" Stop what huh! Oh , so you expect me to stop inquiring about why you kept Jinyoung away from me, for four long years?! Is that it? Well guess what, I am not gonna stop." He sternly said while clenching his masculine jaw.

She looked at him with different sets of emotions: disbelief , agitation , confusion and a little fear.

" What does that have to do with Taehyung then?" She asked as she looked up to his eyes, the worst mistake ever, since those eyes were still so intriguing and beautiful. She instantly looked away when she realised a change in her heartbeat.

" Dammit! This again!? No Y/n stop reacting to him." She mentally warned herself.

" Everything! Absolutely fucking everything! " Jungkook said with bitterness on his tongue as he slightly shouted at her. He banged the door hard but less soundly. Y/n flinched at his sudden outburst and her fear came true after all.

" I know I hurt you but that was only a misunderstanding, but still, it doesn't give you the fucking right to make Taehyung replace me." He said with anger slowly multiplied as he thought of Taehyung's face again.

" But he didn't re....." She slightly shouted trying to match up his tone. He interrupted her again and she flinched even more than she did last time.