Princess

Pairing: Tommy Shelby x petite/scrawny!princess!reader

Warnings: mentions of death, swearing, smoking and alcohol, changing things from the movie, spoilers??, a sexual word, violence, fluff

Note: ANASTASIA AU CAUSE WHY NOT LMAO || So the movie Anastasia takes place in 1926, Anastasia was 8 (1916) when Rasputin cursed her family and killed all of them but her and her grandmother. She ran with her grandma to the train, falling and hitting her head before she could get on it. Watch the movie, I can't explain it for you oof || AGAIN, AS I SAID, THIS IS A BIT DIFFERENT BUT STILL SOMEWHAT SIMILAR

Words: 5713 I'm sorry

It was currently 1919. Tommy and his brother Arthur had heard news of a princess, who was assumed dead, being alive and missing. They knew it was a true rumor, and boy were they determined to find that girl...or at least a girl to play her.

Polly and Ada were training the girls on how to act formal. And when the time was right, each girl would audition. Tommy always turned them down though. He claimed they were nothing like the princess.

"How'd ya even know the princess anyways, Tommy?" Arthur questioned, with the intent of teasing and out of genuine curiosity.

Closing his eyes and rubbing his temples, Tommy remembered. It was like it was yesterday.

1902 was the year it happened. Her family's demise. The young Shelby boy was only 10 when he met the princess. Now, he was 12 and rescuing the 8 year old girl. He admired her greatly. The princess met him in a peculiar way that most people would deem unladylike;

She was riding her horse without a saddle when she was thrown off and landed on none other than the infamous Thomas Shelby. Of course, she didn't know who he was, or what a boy his age was doing by himself.

"How rude!" She tried her hardest to seem serious about the situation. In all honesty, it was to distract from her red cheeks. She stood up and brushed the dirt off her body. "A girl lands on you.. and all y-you do is stare?"

"A lady wears trousers and all I do is stare, ma'am."

"O- oh... Please, don't let word of this reach the palace."

Tommy's eyes widened. She was the princess- that's where he knew her from. "Of course your highness!" He knew she could sense the sarcasm coming from his voice by the way she visibly tensed.

"Whatever... You may know me, but who are you? I'm Princess Y/n L/n. But please, call me Y/n. I like being..well not a princess every once in a while."

"Thomas Shelby ma'am. Please, call me Tommy."

They had met every day, her telling him stories of what happened in the palace, and him telling of his family. She was fascinated by the peasant life. It was odd. Normally, Tommy would dream of being the richest man alive, but the fact that a princess, who could do almost anything she wanted, dreamt of being a commoner...that was strange.

However, her strangeness was something he needed to put aside currently. He may have thought it was one of her best traits- but now he needed to think of her safety. The sorcerer Rasputin had cursed her family and was after her wishing nothing but death. Tommy would not allow that. The commoner grew feelings for the princess he had met two years ago. Of course, he wasn't sure she felt the same way, but he wasn't going to let her die.

As he lead the two females through the secret door Y/n had showed him, he whispered his goodbyes. Then, right then and there, she stole his first kiss before she ran with her grandmother to the train station. He touched his lips for a second, then realizing where he was and running behind her shortly.