Born To Die

Requested by anon: Can you do a imagine with Tommy Shelby? A song fic maybe Lana Del Rey's Born To Die but fluffy and angsty?

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, angst, *in Italian voice* mention of mafia stuff, mention of death, death not Reader's or Tommy's, fluff

Song: Born To Die  by Lana Del Rey

Note: I can't remember if they say how their mother died, I'm guessing it was when she gave birth to Finn, I dunno, I'm assuming so because...yeah idk. I hope you like it!

Edit: OH SHIT I JUST REALIZED I REMEMBER WHEN HER DEATH IS MENTIONED- I'M BIG DUMB LMAO

Lyrics = Bold + Italic | Memories = Italic | Thoughts = Apostrophe + Italic + Apostrophe

Feet don't fail me now, take me to your finish line. Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take, but I'm hoping that the gates, they'll tell me that you're mine.

Walking through the city streets, is it by mistake or design? I feel so alone on a Friday night, can you make me feel like home if I tell you you're mine?

Tommy sighed, watching the woman he loved walk angerly out the door of his office. He informed her of the Changretta's vendetta and how she would need to leave him to live. He told her that he didn't care whether or not she wanted to, that it was his decision because he was the one the Italians wanted to kill.

"I can fend for myself!"

"I don't doubt that, love, but you need to leave." He looked away, the quivering of her lip too much for him to handle. Tom almost cried, his eyes were watery and his heart was aching, he really didn't want it to come to this. "Maybe being able to protect yourself will keep you alive if you ever need-"

"Whatever. I'm not leaving. I'll just go home until you can change your mind or learn that I'm no coward. Perhaps when you do choose the right decision, you could come stay with me. Otherwise, enjoy your time here, Husband." Venom dripped from the word, hitting him hard as he watched her spin around, grab her coat, and hurriedly stomp out the building.

Y/n smiled slightly, only for a moment, responding to the sorry expression Lizzie gave her as she walked past. The smile soon dropped from her face, showing that it was only for Lizzie to see, that she too was sorry. The woman flinched as the doors slammed, rubbing the sides of her head with a deep sigh.

"Thomas. She's right, ya know. I've seen that girl do some extraordinary shit. Think about it." With that, Lizzie followed Y/n's actions, quieter and calmer, but still leaving him to drink his sorrows away while he "thought" about everything.

He downed another shot. What had been? His hundredth shot? His desk was already a mess, his office no better, and his heart still bared the burden of knowing Y/n would either be hurt by him or hurt by the mafia. There was no loophole this time.