Just A Little Different (Male!Reader)

Requested: Could you a possibly do a thomas shelby fic where it's a male reader, and the reader is taller than thomas, but has kind of a jason momoa vibe to him, so muscular, tall, and short, but wild hair that wont stay down? And tommy takes him to meet his family and they question him about his personal life and he doesnt like that? Its kind of long, if you cant do it that's fine! Thank you so much❤

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Male!reader

Warnings: Swearing, angst, mad little sisters

Note: This was a tad hard for me to write, but I got it done lmao- I hope it's okay! Also I dunno if my female readers wanted to be tagged, but I'm not gonna assume- sorry if you didn't want to be tagged!

Thomas smirked, chuckling under his breath as the male next to him fidgeted with his hair, pressing it down, combing it back, even trying to gel it like the other males of Birmingham.

"Oh shut it." He grunted, still trying to find a way to calm his mane.

"I can't help it, Y/n, you try and try yet you can't seem to learn that your hair simply enjoys being free."

"I'm meeting your family, trying to look nice, and you tease me about my hair?" He scoffed, moving to adjust his outfit.

"Well, why do you care so much about your attire? Exteriors hardly matter unless you want to make a deal, and I don't think you plan on making deals with my family, do you?" He put out his cigarette, walking over to the mirror and squinting. He reached over to Y/n and fixed his hair the way it seemed only he could style it.

"How'd you do that?"

"Simple." Tommy shrugged. "Your hair falls into place right there, you move it, I move it back."

"Oh... So then why do I move it in the first place?"

"I'm afraid I do not have the answer to that. Anyways, it's time to go, come on." He turned, chuckling yet again at his lover's attempts of getting his coat on. "Here," he helped him, smoothing it out once he finished, "now, are you done overreacting?"

"I hardly call that overreacting. But, to answer your question, yes." The walked out the door, rushing to the gambling shop and mumbling reassurances to one another.

Y/n seemed alright, but Tommy was the one who was nervous. The door opened. Y/n squeezed Thomas' hand, noticing his nervousness, something not many people could do. His family smiled, welcoming Y/n and Tommy to one of the tables in the room.

"So, who's this?"

"This is Y/n. He's uh... well, he's the person I'm seeing."

The smile dropped from Esme's face, Arthur chuckled slightly at her confusion, "is this a joke?"

"Nope. He's quite right. I assume you're...Esme?"

John raised his hand, "Yeah um, question, which one's the bottom and which one's the top?" He snickered as Polly smacked his shoulder warningly.

"That's none of your business, brother." Tommy kept his cool, drinking from the glass in his hand and ignoring his brother's sexual question. "Anyone else have stuff they'd like to ask?"

"Yeah, what do you do for a living? They don't hire a lot of people who're...like you..."

"A homosexual? Yeah, I know. I do work with Tommy. Whatever he lets me do, I do it and get payed for it. Kind of useful, having your lover as your boss."

"So you're the bottom?"

Y/n's jaw clenched visibly. He adjusted his collar, a sign most people recognized as uncomfortably.

"Again, none of your concern." Thomas reached beside him, grabbing Y/n's hand and rubbing it soothingly. "Anyone with a question not related to his sexuality?"

"Would you like some whiskey?" Polly raised her brows, smiling at the sigh of relief that came from Y/n's mouth.

"Sure, that'd be lovely. Thank you Mrs. Shelby."

Polly stood up and headed to the kitchen, "It's Gray, dear, but you're very welcome."

"Oh! Yes, Polly Gray, my apologies!"

"No need to Apologize, Y/n." She smiled widely, having returned and handing the bottle to Y/n with a welcoming hug. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Shit." John chuckled, "Yep. Okay, you're definitely the bottom-"

"Oh shut up John! Can't you see that that's bothering him!" Ada spoke up for the first time. Or rather, yelled. She looked to her younger brother with an expression none of her family members had seen previously. She was furious and if it was not obvious before, it sure was now.

"Stay out of his personal life and mind your own fucking business! Whether he or Tommy has any position of dominance in their sexual relationship is, as Tom said, none of your concern! Our brother is seeing a man, the man would enjoy some form of privacy! Either respect that or keep your fucking damned trap shut!"

Silence closed in, the tension rather awkward. Ada was red and her breathing was off, but at least her point had gotten across. It was a small chunk of time before anyone spoke a word, Y/n being the first to break the horrible tension.

Y/n smirked slightly, reaching for the glass of whiskey on the table, "Thank you, ...Ada, right?"

"Yes.. And really, it was no big deal, Y/n. John needs to learn to keep his big hairy nose out of other people's business." John scoffed but ignored Ada's comment.

Y/n, on the other hand, chuckled softly. "Want some?", he shook the bottle gently, pointing at her glass with his other hand.

"Yes please. Thank you, Y/n."

"Anytime, Ada." He leaned back in his seat next to Tommy. Y/n whispered to his beloved with a small chuckle, "I'm loving your family already."

"I think they're feeling the same. Just took Ada to get them to notice that you're just a little different."

"What's so wrong with being different?" Tommy shrugged. "Exactly. Nothing..." Y/n filled his glass, as well as Tommy's, again. "To being different." Their glasses clinked as Thomas' repeated the cheer.

"To being different."