I'll Be There

Requested: hey! if its alright could you write a Tommy Shelby imagine about him noticing y/n been acting weird lately and when he visits her home he finds out they've lost a loved one, so he comforts them? x

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, mention of death, mention of depression, fluff, alcohol, nudity not smut

Note: Title is inspired by The Jackson 5, I'll be there. This isn't a song fic, but I do recommend listening to the song, maybe while reading? if you want! also 1, sorry if this isn't what you wanted and 2, sorry, i didn't know how to end it oof

 This isn't a song fic, but I do recommend listening to the song, maybe while reading? if you want! also 1, sorry if this isn't what you wanted and 2, sorry, i didn't know how to end it oof

At first, Y/n was muttering to herself, constantly. Things like, "no", "it's alright, it's not real", and "I'm just imagining it", things that made the family exchange looks of concern and confusion. One person would raise their eyebrows upon hearing Y/n's quieted rambling, only to earn mirrored eyebrows and a shrug from the other person.

Next, she was acting...off. She'd find excuses to go home early, or to reschedule dates her and Tommy were supposed to go on. He assumed she wasn't interested in him any longer, until she confirmed that his assumptions were incorrect, but it was her small tone of annoyance that continued to Tommy after that day. If anyone else asked anything, she'd have actions that'd suggest she just wasn't in the mood.

Then she began to show up everywhere late, tired, puffy eyed, sometimes she wouldn't even show up at all. It was beginning to concern Tommy, but he brushed it off, as she pleaded for him, again and again, not to worry, offering to do anything that would make him feel better.

Now, she hadn't left her house in almost an entire month. He was done "not worrying". Polly visited her as much as she could, but like when Ada had lost Freddie to the coppers, Y/n refused to even let Pol know she was alive. Ada joined her aunt some times, but both women were unsuccessful in getting Thomas' lover to do anything.

He himself was in a panic, trying to figure out what on earth could've been preventing her from leaving. Was she in danger? Dead? Gone? It was nagging at him.

Tommy was beginning to do the same; not leaving his office unless he need to, determined to find a way to get the woman he loved back. He often sent his aunt or sister, sometimes even Lizzie, to check on Y/n, but they all came back with the same answer to his hopeful expression. Nothing.

"Listen, Tom, you need to go to her yourself. We're not the one in love with Y/n/n, nor are we your little messengers." Polly leaned against Lizzie's desk, the woman nodding in agreement with Pol.

Thomas hesitated, but closed his eyes and nodded, waking back into his office to prepare. He grabbed Y/n's favorite treats, which he stashed in a small cupboard in case Y/n ever waited for him at work, and a bottle of gin. The blinder rushed out of his office, leaving Polly and Lizzie with raised eyebrows and slight smiles, amused by how fast Tommy walked out of the building.