This is The End...Or So I Thought

Requested by ​: 16 or 39 with Tommy please? (you choose which, or it could be both! Whatever is easiest) I love you so much. 💕💕

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x fem!reader

Warnings: Swearing, sad stuffs, fluff, slight angst, ittie bittie S5 spoilers?

Prompts:  "Damn right I'm pretty." "I said petty." / He kissed her brow as the world around them burned. "See you in the next life, my love," he whispered.

 "See you in the next life, my love," he whispered

He did it. Tommy fucking Shelby got everything he wanted. The shot on Oswald Mosley was successful, Barney went back to the asylum, Aberama got his revenge, Michael was put back in his place. All Thomas wanted to do was come home to his wife, finally.

When the time originally came to figure out new ways to put a cork in Gina and Michael's plan, Y/n hopped up to the plate. She offered many ideas, but Arthur suggested a better one that at least included her. In the end, today, Y/n got a little carried away and slapped Gina. Hard. The New Yorker fell over from the hit.

Y/n's messy hair was sticking to her face, her breathing was a bit off and her heart was racing. "That's for trying to overthrow my husband, filthy bitch!" She laughed as she kicked the gun from Gina's view.

She calmed on the ride home, but the action was still on Tommy's mind. They managed to get Michael on their side, Gina too, somehow, but Y/n still did it. Out of all the times too, she did it now.

"You know, we already settled the argument."

Y/n's head turned to her husband as he drove, his hands were gripping the wheel tightly. "Okay."

"Okay? That's all you have to say is 'okay'? You slapped Gina, after we came to an agreement!" He laughed, partially from amusement, partially from shock.

"Yep. She deserved it. If she never came around, Michael would still be loyal as ever."

Tommy looked at his wife for a few seconds before chuckling and reaching for her hand. He pressed soft kisses to her knuckles, "you know, you're honestly really petty."

"Damn right I'm pretty."

"I said petty." he tried to hold in the chuckles, but all hell broke lose when Y/n turned to him and feigned hurt towards the comment. "I love you anyways, no matter how petty you are."

"I love you too, meanie." She was happy to see the softer side to Tommy, and when she married him, she couldn't wait to possibly see littler versions of him with even more of his softness. Charles was her first child, and Ruby was her second.

The couple married after the war, engaged before it, and fought side-by-side. Y/n could fight for herself, and Tommy admired that. Before the war happened, however, he was a simple man attracted to her beauty and smarts, the way she cared for little Finn, how well she got along with Ada, he couldn't help but fall so easily.

Now, they were married, a very well known couple, a feared couple to some, and still fought together with the same admiration for one another. When he was with her, it was like they were teenagers again, sneaking off to the little canal and sharing their first kiss.

The memories brought a smile to Tommy's face as he continued driving. His thumb rubbed Y/n's hand while she slowly drifted to sleep. Just one more night, he promised, one more night in Birmingham, then they'd be able to go back and be with the children again.

They got inside and headed to the bed almost immediately, falling asleep in each other's arms. She kept the nightmares away, he brought her comfort and the feeling of safety. Y/n snuggled closer to Tommy. Matching smiles creeped onto their faces, both safe in each other's embrace.

When Tommy woke up, he was greeted with a sight that wiped the smile clean off his face. He shook Y/n awake, then grabbed their things. He coughed every now and then, the room filling with smoke, and rushed to get everything ready to leave.

"Y/n! Come on! Get up! Y/n!!" She woke with a start, her hands rubbed her sleepy eyes. It wasn't long before she too began coughing.

"What's going on?"

"Someone bloody set it on fire! We've got to go! Come on!" Tom helped his wife up, pulling her to the door, but his plans were foiled. A chunk of burnt wood fell from the ceiling and blocked the doorway, preventing their leave. "The only other exit is the window, it's going to be burning hot, so don't touch it. Leave it to me, alright?"

Y/n nodded, concern lacing her face. Tommy went to the window and tried to open it. He hissed in pain, gripping his wrist and dipping his hand in the water of the tub that sat in the middle of the room.

"We're fucking stuck. We're fucking stuck!" Her hands flew up to her hair, gripping it tightly and breathing faster, slowly processing the realization.

"Y/n! Y/n! We're going to be fine... um.. Just..." Although he didn't know what to do, he didn't want Y/n to panic. He wanted her to feel safe, he wanted more than anything to protect her.

"Tommy... we're gonna die in here..." Her arms wrapped around his torso, she hid her face in his chest and cried softly. "I love you, Thomas Michael Shelby." She pulled away slightly and looked at him, shoving her face into his for one last kiss.

"I love you too, Y/n M/n Shelby." He kissed her brow as the world around them burned. "See you in the next life, my love," he whispered.

They closed their eyes, arms tightly wrapped around one another, and prepared for death to greet them. Any moment now. The sound of the fire and wood. Could be even seconds. The smell of burning, everywhere. Literally any time. The smoke infecting their lungs.

"You two just going to stand there or am I gonna have to drag you out of this place myself?"

Y/n peeled an eye open, looking towards the door. Behind the smokey haze was Arthur, with an ax, and a broken front door. "Arthur?"

"Yes? Well come on, we haven't got all day, you're going to die if you stay in here any longer, ya know?"

"Correct you are, brother." Tommy's usual exterior returned now, of course, but he strayed true to his wishes and helped his wife step over fiery piles of wood. Arthur reached his hand out and helped her out of the burning place. Tommy got out after and hugged Y/n with watery eyes.

Her hands came to his ash covered cheeks, "Awh Tommy, love!"

"What is it?"

"Are you crying?" She smiled, tears falling from her eyes.

"N-no, the um.. the fire, you know, made my eyes... watery." He stuttered, then looking into her matching teary eyes and kissing her roughly, "Yes, I'm crying, darling."

Arthur fumbled out with the couple's belongings.

"Oh, Arthur! Thank you. Now, do you know who did," he gestured to the, still very much on fire, building, "this?"

"Mhm. Lemme tell you something though, Tommy, you're not even gonna be surprised."