Home (Modern Reader!)

Requested by ​: So you think you could possibly do a modern reader x tommy? Where she travels back in time or something?

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Female!Modern!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, tinnnny bit of OOC Tommy during the begging (ideka), angst, fluff,

Note: I tried writing it like if they just met, but I was out of ideas, until today when sudden inspiration hit and this was created. My apologies for the lateness! I'm so sorry if this is not what you wanted! (I started writing this at 11:30 pm and finished at 12:13 am, so this time I have a reason for saying "sorry if this sucks" 😅)

 My apologies for the lateness! I'm so sorry if this is not what you wanted! (I started writing this at 11:30 pm and finished at 12:13 am, so this time I have a reason for saying "sorry if this sucks" 😅)

Tommy smirked. How did he get himself into this mess? A girl comes from the future, he seduces her, then falls for her, and now is praying, with some form of faith he knows he doesn't even have, that she may never be presented with an opportunity to return to the future.

He turned, eyes falling along her body, clothed in only a semi-see-through gown, as the sun danced along her skin. It was quite the sight. One he wished he could wake up to every single day. Her hair not kept in the professional do, instead free and what one would call, wild. He admired the vulnerability she allowed him to see, and the fact that he was the one she allowed to see such a thing.

His hand traced her soft skin, "Good morning, love."

"Morning, Tommy. Any meetings today?"

Thomas almost chuckled at the face of the sleepy woman in front him, very obviously still half asleep and struggling to keep her eyes open. "Just one. At ten I believe. A family meeting."

She groaned. Definitely awake now.

"Relax," the chuckle broke free, "you'll be able to attend one as soon as I put a ring on your finger."

Y/n paused, then turned to Tommy with wide eyes and a mouth that rested slightly ajar. "What?"

"Damn, did I not inform you of my plan to marry you? How unfortunate. I went out and bought this ring for n-"

"Tommy!!" She smiled, eyes still wide with shock, as he held the box with a quirked eyebrow. "Holy shit! Thomas! You didn't have to-"

"Oh, but I assure you, I did." He stood and walked to her side of the bed, lifting her and spinning her before placing a soft kiss to her lips. Her arms wrapped around his neck and matching smiles snuck onto their faces. "So, will you, Y/n L/n, marry me?"

"Of course! Yes!" She pulled away as he set her down, and allowed him to slide the ring onto her finger. Y/n walked back to their bed, frowned at the timing on his pocket watch, "Tommy...you did say ten, right?"

"Yes- why?"

"Thomas, it's a couple minutes past ten! You best hurry!" She laughed and kissed her fiancé goodbye, waving before she shut the door.