Kiwi

Requested​: hi! can i request a Tommy Shelby story that's based off the song Kiwi by Harry Styles? all good if you can't :)

Pairing: Thomas 'Tommy' Shelby x Female!Reader

Warnings: Lyrics, angst, swearing, indications to smut

Song: Kiwi by Harry Styles

Summary: (See Request?)

Note: I had no idea what on earth to do for this so my apologies. After having a friend proof-read it for me and getting their "go-ahead" to post this, I've decided to listen to them rather than sit and cringe at myself so uh... Here ya goooo

Key: Bold + Italic = Lyrics | Italic = Memories and sometimes emphasis

She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes, Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect

She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes, Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect. And all the boys, they were saying they were into it. Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck

Anyone could spot her in the Garrison, even if they had no clue who she was. Her outer demeanor was intimidating, with or without her husband. Y/n Shelby was one of the most feared yet yearned for woman in Small Heath, side by side on the list with her aunt-in-law, Polly Gray. No one dared act a fool when she was around. Then of course, that depended on their definition of the cringe-eliciting behavior.

Men constantly tried their luck with her. Easy to spot, she sat at a table in the middle of the bar with a cigarette in her hand and a glass in front of her as she conversed with her husband's brothers. Every time a man came around, she shot them down without hesitation. This time no different.

"Are you without partner, miss?" A male on the younger side asked with a warm yet shy grin.

"Are you without brain, sir?" Her response was serious but held slight sarcasm. Everyone who knew of the blinders knew she was married to one of the many people they didn't want to mess with. Insulting the poor man was far better than having his eyesight removed.

"N-no?"

"Hm, quite a surprise." She looked down to her cigarette before flicking her eyes back up to the man. "Nevertheless, a man without brain nor eyes is the same as a man with brain and no eyes."

The quiver in his voice almost made her feel bad for the quips she'd spat. But alas, it was only almost. "What...what is that supposed to mean?"

"It means yes, I do indeed have a partner." The brothers around her chuckled and mocked the now cowering man, Y/n herself giving an amused smile and taking a drag of the stick between her fingers.

Tommy stood behind the man, looking at him with a blank expression once he'd turned around after backing into him. He lifted a brow, not once breaking eye contact. "She's gorgeous, isn't she."