Happy New Years, Mr. Shelby

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x pregnant!reader

Warnings: Swearing, fluff, alcohol

Note: HAPPY NEW YEARS! So 1. I'm doing a New Years special for some characters. I know I'll be doing Billy Hargrove as well, but I'm still deciding. Happy New Years Tumblr!! And 2. Tommy is an honest mood in this gif

ALSO DISCLAIMER: I don't know if New Years was celebrated back then, but I know New Years Eve was celebrated around 1905

November 1st, 1919

Y/n pushed through the halls of her husband's home, desperate to find him. It was exciting. Halloween was over and Y/n was ready for Christmas. Tommy knew it and to be honest.. he was dreading it. Y/n always set up lights and decorations around the house, sometimes even decorating Tommy's office. He had only seen it once, and right after that "once", he told her to never do it again.

Some part of him found it cute and adorable, but the other found it worrying and annoying. She was always stressing herself trying to make everything perfect. Tommy admired her dedication, but he loathed her stressing herself. It didn't have to do anything with her being a bad person or anything... it mainly had to do with Tommy's soft spot for her.

Seeing her stress was like seeing her in pain. It caused him to feel the same way. And Tommy, did not like being stressed. Nor did he like his wife being stressed. As they say, "happy wife, happy life."

"Tommy?" Speak of the fucking devil. "Tommy, I need help, I can't reach where I need to and everyone is already busy."

He sighed, putting down his pen. How did he know she would need assistance? "Coming dear." He stood up from his desk and walked out to where his wife was calling. She had one foot on the wall, holding the lights in place, and her hands were attempting to reach the higher part of the wall. "Well, would you look at that."

"Oh shut up and help me."

Teasing his wife was one of his favorite things. Especially when she asked for his help on something she knew he didn't like. Tommy grabbed the lights from her hands and hooked them around the nail. He did the same with the ones under her foot, allowing her to stand on both feet again.

"Don't these go on the tree and not the wall?"

"Thomas Shelby- I wanted to do something different this year." She adjusted his white button up shirt, stopping and looking up at him. "Besides, you know you love me, no matter how weird I am." Tommy let out a small smile and Y/n pulled him down for a kiss using his collar.

The kiss got pretty heated, but as they were in the hallway; anyone could walk by. It didn't get to any inappropriate ways of "heated", it just got passionate. The lovers were too caught up in the kiss due to how long they spent away from each other, that they didn't notice Polly going to check on Y/n.

When Pol approached them, Y/n let out a nervous laugh and separated herself from her husband. "Well, Mr. Shelby, I wish you luck on your work. Thank you for helping me."

"Anytime, Mrs. Shelby. If you need any more help, you know where to find me."

December 25th, 1919

"Look Ada!" Y/n was sitting on Tommy's lap, squealing over the gift her husband had bought her. She showed Ada the necklace that had Tommy's initials engraved into it. Then she lifted another necklace that had her initials. When Tommy gave them to her, he said that he would wear the one with her name and she would wear the one with his so that they would always be together.

"Ah how sweet! When're you gonna get her something that isn't showing how possessive you are, eh?"

"Ey, fuck off Ada."