Wrong Girl, Right Time

Requested by anon: Helloo! I am a big fan of your writing and I had an idea about a kinda dark angsty tommy x reader fic taking place in season 1 where the reader is a childhood of the boys and when tommy spends his first night with Grace inspector Campbell goes after the reader (maybe one of his men physically assaults her) and tommy learns about it the next day and realises he messed up big time and tries to fix everything. Thank you so much and I will understand if you don't want to do it.

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Female!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, angst that was written while half asleep, implied smut, physical assault, fluff, me not proofreading

Y/n walked back to her sofa, wrapping her sweater tighter around her body. The warmth of Tommy's kind hugs, the firewood he'd bring her after he'd scold her for risking her life living in such a cold temperature, the smiles that warmed her insides- even if they weren't directed toward her.

She sighed, plopping down on the cushions. She'd fallen for Tommy, since they were kids, and she had no idea how to tell him. Or if he even felt the same.

"Fuck." She rolled over, curling into a ball and hugging herself, hoping for warmth. Hoping for Tommy to show up with firewood even if it meant he'd scold her. Hoping for Tommy to hug her tightly and kiss her hairline even if it meant she'd have to suffer knowing it was platonically. Y/n didn't care the consequence, she just wanted him.

And somewhere out there, he was with her. Just not Y/n "her". It was the woman he gave his heart too. Or rather, wanted to give his heart to, but, for once in his life, he broke down and verbally admitted he was too much of a coward to do so.

They danced together. Twirling around the room. Lust filled Tommy's eyes, a mirrored look in Grace's. They leaned in, connecting their lips and relieving themselves of the desire they both knew they felt.

Outside of Grace's place, was officer Campbell. Tommy knew. He knew the man would have a high chance of coming across this. And he could care less for the man's thoughts on the situation.

He smiled softly into the kiss, deepening it and their contact, suddenly becoming more cocky inside knowing Campbell saw him and Grace. But the lust remained, and like he'd told others and himself time and time again, he just really couldn't find the fucks to give.

Unfortunately, thanks to his discovery, Campbell decided to retaliate. He knew of Y/n L/n. The girl who hung around the Shelby boys as a young girl, who looked at Tommy with longing in her eyes, who smiled and hid the hurt in her heart when she met Grace.

He chuckled as he walked to the girl's home. He sent his men to the door, told them to break in, have two grab Y/n, rough up the place and then meet in the living room with the girl.

Officer Campbell kicked a shard of glass that lied on the floor. "Look at this place, Y/n. It's a bloody wreck!"

"Because of you, asshole!" She spat on his shoes. Campbell gave eye contact to one of the men next to Y/n, and smiled when he heard the sound of a smack and a yelp of pain. Y/n sobbed and looked up at him, a red hand mark rested on her face.