Happiness

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x reader

Warning: Swearing, fluff, mention of cheating (not Tommy), two sexual references, violence, alcohol, cigarettes, lyrics, me not proofreading

Words: 5279

Song: Happiness by Rex Orange County

Note: Lyrics = Bold + Italic | Memories = Italic

I'll be the one that stays 'til the end. And I'll be the one that needs you again

When Tommy met Y/n, she was a sad one. Her heart had been broken too many times. Being cheated on many times by one person affected her trust, but being cheated on many times by one person and then being cheated on by another person ruined her trust all completely. Tommy asked her out, she said that she didn't know him well enough, he asked her to talk to him so they could get to know each other, she said "doesn't work that way" and walked off.

She really grabbed Tommy's interest. Even if she didn't mean to, Tommy was now caught like a fish in Y/n's fishing rod of love, and Tommy refused to let go, no matter what plants they got stuck in. One day, after weeks of him bothering her and begging her, he managed to finally ask her out successfully. They hung out and talked almost every day, so he took her to a surprise spot. The blindfold came off and a picnic blanket and basket were revealed. That date had went well, in fact it's one of Y/n's favorite memories.

The two twirled around in the now messed up blanket. Giggles escaped Y/n's mouth as Tommy tickled her and wiped frosting onto her face. She squealed as a sign that she yielded.

"Alright love, sorry if I was too-"

The yield however, wasn't the kind of yield he thought it was. She took the chance while he was distracted and pushed him down, straddling him to wipe some of the frosting on his skin. Their giggles that had stopped after Y/n pleaded now continued. Kisses were placed on Tommy's face, some of them leaving frosting behind.

This went on for a while, the flirting and messing around seemed funnier and funnier. Tommy, a serious and intimidating man, was being goofy and genuinely chuckling. This didn't happen a lot, so Y/n made note to find ways to cheer up the Shelby boy.

A year later, after many many dates, Y/n and Tommy had a conversation that would change their lives. In a good way of course, but it seriously meant a lot to them. "Y/n. Can I promise you something?" They were lying on a blanket

"If you can keep it."

"Well, I promise you I'll stay here...forever. Until you die or until I die. The point is, I promise to love you forever, and if we end up splitting, I'll still be here as a friend, whenever you need me."

"Thomas Shelby. I promise the exact same thing, but let me add one tiny detail."

"Yes?"

"I promise to be here as I am currently, and if you need me just tell me. I'll be here to support you and comfort you as your friend, as your lover, and as your wife."

"Wife?"

"You've thought of getting married haven't you?"

"Yes heh...but I just didn't think you'd agree. I love you Y/n M/n L/n."

"I love you too Thomas Michael Shelby."

Now, they had been together for nine years. Tommy left for war two years after they got together. He had kissed her passionately at the train station, telling her that he loved her and would write to her. She promised the same to him and stayed there until he left, then leaving to go to the Shelby house, resting on Tommy's bed and writing a letter to him right away.