Close, But Not Quite Correct (Platonic!!)

Requested by anon: Hey do ya write for Peaky Blinders? If yes could you do a reader x Tommy !platonic one where the reader is really tough but at the same time quite laid back and everyone just assumes they are dating and they are shocked when she intruduces her love interest to Tommy at a family dinner or so?

Pairing(s): Thomas Shelby x reader platonic!, Michael Gray x reader

Warnings: Swearing, slight angst, fluff, alcohol, probably a tad bit ooc Michael

Note: So I apologize if you didn't want the love interest to be anyone Tommy knew, I just didn't really know who to put, my apologies, I can always rewrite it!

Also now that I think about it- I can't tell if you meant where she has a crush on Tommy or if she has a different love interest and I'm so sorry if this is not what you had in mind aaaa!

Note numero tres: I got carried away and I apologize. Hope you enjoy

Final Note: I don't even know wth that ending is. Okok bye enjoy the story lmfao

Y/n and Tommy had been friends for a very long time. They had similar personalities and traits, some people had said that they were like female and male versions of each other. But the thing that was argued about the most, was if they were a couple. Everyone wondered it! Even the Shelby family! Ada and John made a bet that they were, and Polly and Arthur did as well. Making bets with the same goal wasn't possible, but that's not what the bet was about.

Their bets were about who would introduce it first. Would Y/n announce that they were engaged or that she was pregnant and Tommy was the father? Or would Tommy reintroduce her as his lover? Maybe they'd walk in on them kissing? Who knew, the bet was just on who would come out and say it already.

People felt like the tension was there. It was strong and obvious to them. They claimed that the two flirted quite a lot. However, in reality, there was nothing there. The "tension" and "flirting" was just the brotherly and sisterly bond they shared. It wasn't even flirting, more of teasing and mocking in a fun way. The tension wasn't romantic, it was them wiggling in their seats as they resisted the urge to jump and laugh at one another.

Tommy and Y/n were aware of the assumptions, and it had gotten old fast. Just as Tommy was, she was tough and hard to break. Alas, there was one very large difference. She was more laid back than he was. Tommy was cautious, always ready to move or attack, while Y/n was comfortable and quiet until she felt anything that would make her feel otherwise.

Best friends...but with a few secrets. Tommy was single, free, and didn't really mind it at all. Y/n on the other hand, was seeing someone. She didn't tell Tommy, which normally would make him concerned, but he brushed it off when she said she would introduce him to the entire household sometime.

That's when the idea hit Tommy. Electrocuting him just as lighting would a lightning-rod. If him and his family hosted a dinner party and invited Y/n, while hyping up the family to meet said boyfriend, she couldn't say no. It would disappoint them as well as make them lose faith of ever meeting him. Plus she owed Tommy some favors.

He reached over and set the paper on his desk, scribbling names of the people to invite. Arthur, John, Finn, Ada, Pol, Michael, Y/n and Y/n's secret boyfriend. It was perfect. The list was complete and he was already thinking of what to have for dinner. Would the kitchen staff be able to cook anything that Y/n's lover could eat? He didn't know that yet, so he still had to ask if there was anything.

There they sat. Curled up on the sofa and watching the fire calmly. As subtle as possible, Tommy brought up the topic. "Say, Y/n, if your lover-boy were to eat with us...is he allergic or incapable of eating anything?"