Little Things On Sunday Mornings

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Female!Reader

Warnings: Fluff, swearing(maybe?), me not proofreading + writers block

Summary: Although Sundays in the house are usually pretty lazy, a little company would make it much more enjoyable.

Little sock covered feet padded through the halls. Despite it being early in the morning, Charlie was full of energy. He stumbled often, still very young and very new to walking, but made due. Charlie stopped in front of his parent's door.

It was already opened a crack, so he pushed his way in and waddled over to their bed. The two were fast asleep in each other's arms. It was Sunday, so sleeping in was a norm for around everyone in the home.

The little boy struggled to climb onto the bed due to his little legs and equally as little arms. Nevertheless, he didn't give in. A few more tries later and he'd managed to crawl onto the middle of the bed. Y/n let out a small moan and adjusted under the sheets, the new weight on the bed likely the cause of her movements.

He took her spacing from Tommy as the perfect opportunity and crawled between the two, sliding under the sheets. Charles grinned to himself as Y/n's arms wrapped around him and her soft voice whispered a sleepy greeting with a lazy chuckle. "Good morning little man."

Charles nuzzled into Y/n and relished in the attention. Her eyelids flicked open slowly and she pecked the tip of Charlie's nose. He gave her a look of confusion as she pulled away and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. Noises left his mouth, babbles and attempts of forming real words to prevent her leave.

"It's alright, Charlie. Mummy will be right back." She pinched his cheek before she left the bedroom.

Five minutes had passed before she had returned. Y/n stopped in the doorway and smiled at the sight before her; Tommy's arm was slung over his son, who played with father's face and giggled heartily. Thomas looked as if he slightly enjoyed the odd actions- and he did. His heart was content with the three people that often these mornings in his bed doing nothing but being together.

"Are you just going to watch, or would you like to have your turn getting a visit from the little doctor?" Even through his raspy voice, you could practically hear his smile.

"I would love to..." Y/n walked over the bed and sat back in her spot. "But I think he's having a wonderful time playing with your face, daddy."

"Oh nooo, I'm sure he wants you to have a turn, mummy."

The occasional "mummy" and "daddy" were just something they'd picked up after referencing to each other with said names whilst talking to Charles. Ada had commented that she found it cute while John snickered and Polly slapped his arm lightly, scolding him under her breath.

"See?" Thomas lifted Charlie onto Y/n's lap and scooted beside the two. "If not, you can always get a refund."

"And how exactly am I paying doctor Charlie?"

The boy responded with more giggles and babbles, causing the couple to chuckle softly. He clapped to himself and smiled brightly. His smile grew as his parents clapped along with him.

"By..." her hand moved to his foot, her fingers slowly gaining speed as they began to tickle his sock covered foot, "tickles?"

Charlie squealed and squirmed. His feet kicked and thrashed without his consent and giggles erupted from his little mouth uncontrollably. Slowly, he attempted to crawl over to his father, to escape his mother's evil hands of tickle.

However, Tommy was not the right person to go to. He too began to tickle Charlie and a small smile made way to his lips. Y/n lied next to them with her head resting on her hand that was held up by her elbow on top of the pillow. She watched with intrigue and adoration; her boys, Tommy's smile, and Charlie's giggles.

The tickling stopped as Tommy lifted Charlie up and set him between him and Y/n. Charlie scooched to the end of the bed and hopped off, running out of the room and disappearing as he ran further out. Y/n and Tommy turned their heads towards one another and exchanged small looks of curiosity.

Their curiosity was solved after five minutes, surprisingly. Charlie's rushed stomps echoed through the halls, followed by occasional tiny grunts. And there he was; the little Shelby with an arm full of stuffed toys from his room, bear, dog, rabbit and everything.

"Charlie? What've you got?" Y/n tilted her head at the boy.

He babbled excitedly and surged forward, face planting in the bed with his stuffed animals to break his fall. Charles' laughter brought them relief with the knowledge that he hadn't gotten hurt. One stuffed animal at a time, he placed his friends on his parents bed and climbed up after them.

"What's that? Is that Mr. Bear?" Tommy decided to indulge Charlie and played along with the game he'd just started. He picked up the fuzzy bear and held it up beside his ear, "Did you say something?"

Despite his tough exterior, Thomas was a goofy man. He was amazing at voices, perfect with children, and great at cheering someone up when he wanted to be. The only people who'd been lucky enough to see such a thing were his family and some of his friends.

Charles' expression changed when Thomas picked up a voice and messed around with it. He talked in his normal voice, then the one he came up with; acting as if it was the bear.

Noticing his mother's lack of a role in his attention, since he'd been carried away with watching Mr. Bear talk to his father about silly things, Charlie crawled closer to his mother and sat on her lap. He watched as Tommy set the bear down and leaned over to kiss Y/n before returning to the stuffed bear in his lap. A new idea in mind, Charlie grabbed his mother's face, smooshing her cheeks together.

"And he- oh? 'Ave you got mummy's face, little man?" Tommy chuckled.

Little squeaks were spoken in return as Charlie stared Y/n dead in the eyes. She felt only slightly intimidated- but found it extremely cute and amusing. "Bubba, whatever are you d-" Y/n was cut off by tiny lips hitting hers. Charlie looked at his dad with a smile just as equally amused as his.

"I think he just initiated some kind of contest." Tommy stared at his child with a lopsided grin. "Bring it on, little man."

"Oh quit it. You're just jealous that I'm giving Charlie attention." She joked. Charlie clapped with joy as his mother pressed little pecks on his cheeks. The door creaked open, Charlie's nanny standing tall with her own arms full of toys Charlie dropped in the halls. Y/n nodded and sent Charlie with her, waving until the door clicked shut.

"I'm not jealous."

"And I'm the queen of England." Although Y/n rolled her eyes, her smile held strong. "I'll give you some attention too, my handsome man-baby."

"I'm not a man-bab-" Y/n rolled over, so she was straddling her husband, and kissed Tommy softly, smiling at him when she pulled away. He too grinned in return, lips up from ear to ear, and tossed the bear, which he had yet to let go of, aside. His hands gripped Y/n's hips, her arms resting around his neck. "You really are the queen, ya know?"

"Yep."