3

"Dad" I shouted running through the ED into his arms "I'm so sorry"

"Baby it wasn't your fault" he said hugging me tight. "It wasn't your fault"

"I'm talking about the last few weeks" I cried "I'm sorry for telling mum I wish she wasn't my mum I didn't mean it"

"Hey she knows ok, she knew you didn't mean it" he whispered.

Moving out his arms I saw his face was battered and starting to bruise.

"You ok?" I whispered.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a few cuts and bruises" he sighed.

"How's mum doing?" I asked resting my head on his shoulder.

"She's in surgery right now, luckily the bullet was in her thigh so no major organs have been affected" he said. "Al come here"

Dad didn't say anything else but pulled both me and al into a hug. No words needed to be said at the end of the day we was a family and we had each other's backs no matter what. No matter what shit I put them through we always came back together.

"I just want mum to be ok" Al sighed.

"She will be son, trust me this isn't the worst thing your mum has come back from" dad sighed.

This is why I didn't want to go into the police force. There was always that anxiety that I was going to get a call or a visit saying I had lost one of them. And I fucking hated it.

"Camille" I heard Dylan shout. Shit this wasn't how I wanted my dad to find out I had a boyfriend. Especially when he was 23, covered in tattoos and owned his own tattoo studio.

"What you doing here?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his waist resting my head on his chest.

"I'm supporting my girl" he whispered "Xav text me when you left school and I came straight over"

I didn't say anything but I didn't need to, I just inhaled the scent of his aftershave and the smell of green soap.

Pulling away when I heard my dad cough.

"Dad this is Dylan" I said leaning against the wall hoping that it didn't kick off.

"Nice meeting you Mr Ruzek" Dylan smiled holding his hand out.

To my surprise my dad happily shook his hand. Well this was going better than expected but then again this wasn't the best time for dad to kick off. However dad did shoot me a look which I knew meant we would be talking about this later.

"Ruzek" Will said as he came out of theatre.

All of us spun around looking at him.

"Is my wife ok?" Dad asked.

"Yes, surgery went well with no complications and has been moved to recovery. She will have to use crutches for a while but she will be fine" will nodded. "You can go see her in about an hour"

———

"Mum" I whispered as I walked into the room.

"Come here my girl" she smiled holding her arms out and scooting over as best she could.

Climbing on the bed I rested my head against her chest.

"I'm sorry mum" I sobbed "I'm really fucking sorry"

"Babygirl it's ok" she whispered rubbing my back.

"I didn't mean what I said the other week" I cried.

"I know baby, I know you was angry" she whispered. "It's water under the bridge now, I just want the best for you. Now let's dry them eyes and move on from the other week"

Using the of my hoodie I wiped my eyes.

"Now what's this your dad was saying about you having a boyfriend aye" she laughed.

"Urgh I didn't think he'd tell you just yet" I groaned.

"Come on this is your dad who is so protective of you course he told me" she said.

"Dad isn't happy, I don't think he likes him. I'm just hoping he hasn't got his gun out in the waiting room" I sighed.

"Get that ass up and bring the boy in here mama wants to meet him" she grinned

Getting off the bed I walked out of the room to see Dylan sat there on his phone.

"Mum wants to meet you" I smiled at him.

I think if looks could kill then I would be dead right now seen as Dylan had taken his leather jacket off revealing all his tattoos. Shaking the look off I lead Dylan to mums room with dad following close behind.

"Mum this is Dylan" I smiled walking into the room.

"Hi Mrs Ruzek" he said flashing the smile that makes me weak at the knees.

"Oh less of the Mrs Ruzek, call me heather" mum grinned.

Ok so at least mum seemed to like him.

"How long have you been seeing my daughter?" She said as dad helped her move position.

"A little over 9 months now" Dylan grinned as he linked his fingers in mine.

"Do you work?" Mum asked.

"Yeah I actually own my own business" he nodded.

"Anywhere we might know?" She smiled.

"Black cat tattoos" he grinned as he checked his phone, that was one thing that he was so proud of. His talent and his shop.

I swear dad was going to explode.

"Babygirl I'm going to have to shoot off, I'm needed at the shop. Text me when you leave here and we will grab some food" he said kissing the top of my head. "Nice meeting you Mr and Mrs Ruzek"

That's the thing about Dylan he looked like a thug with his appearance but in reality he was a giant teddy bear.

"So that isn't how I wanted you to meet him" I said tying my hair into a messy bun.

"I don't like him" dad huffed.

"You don't even know him" I said leaning back in the chair. "Mum what's your opinion"

"Like you said we don't know him but all I can say is my girl did good he's cute" she grinned. Well at least she liked him.