32

"Stop it" Nate said

"Stop it" Nate said

"What?"

"Whatever you are worrying about. Just stop" he whispered.

"How did you know I was worried? You didn't even open your eyes" I said turning onto my side to face him.

"You think I need to see you with my eyes to know what's going on with you"

"Urgh fine" I mumbled as he pulled me into his arms.

"So what's going on in that pretty little head of yours anyway"

"Just how you have your dream up for me" I whispered "without even a second thought and I just feel like I've held you back Nate. You had so much promise and here you are coaching for your high school team"

"Is this what you really think?" He asked playing with my hair.

"Honestly yes, I don't want to be the reason in years down the road you resent me" I sighed with tears forming.

"Hey babygirl" he whispered holding me tight "I could never resent you, my dreams changed when I met you"

"But you don't know that Nate, I want you to go back and finish college, impress them scouts"

"That would mean leaving you" he sighed "I cannot imagine a world without you in Camille"

"Just think about it please Nate"

"I will" he whispered kissing my head.

———

"Well what do I have the pleasure off miss Ruzek" whitey laughed as I walked up his front porch.

"I wanted to speak to you about Nathan"

"Come on take a seat" he said patting the space next to him.

"What's the chance of Nate going pro" I asked.

"Where has all this come from?" He asked putting his hand on my shoulder

"I just feel like I'm holding him back you know, he dropped everything so I could go after my dream. And I don't want him missing out" I sighed.

"Love is all about sacrifice Camille" he smiled

"Not answering these question" I half laughed.

"Honestly I don't know but I can see how important to you so I will make some calls ok"

"Thanks whitey" I smiled "I best get back before he sends a search party out for me"

———

"And where have you been?" Nate asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Just on my run" I smiled.

"Your dad and your grandpa are driving me insane" he laughed as we walked into the living room.

"Hey watch it son" dad smirked.

"Welcome to my crazy ass family Nate" I smirked flopping on the sofa "you gotta get used to it boy"

"Nate trust me, this is their way of showing you they like you" aunt Erin laughed tossing me a bottle of water.

"And if they don't like me?" He gulped. "What happens then?"

"Oh you go in the cage boy" dad smirked.

"Remind me never to upset you babygirl" he said kissing my head as I reached for my sketch pad.

"Now seen as it's our last day here I'm thinking a chill out day, movies, Xbox, that kind of thing" uncle Kev smiled.

"And ice cream?" I asked raising my eyebrow

"I wouldn't dare forget the ice cream" he laughed.

"Good cuz I would have to kick your ass if you did" I smirked.

The day passed and my jaw hurt from laughing so much.

Grabbing my smokes I went to join mum outside.

"Do you know how proud I am of you kiddo" she smiled. "You have grown up so fast, and over come so much in a short space of time"

"I can't believe who I was a year ago" I laughed "getting into fights and causing shit"

"Well let's just say that's the Voight gene in you" she laughed. "But I don't think I've seen you this happy in so long. Even when you was with Dylan"

"Yeah Nate is pretty good" I smiled "I think it helps we have mutual interests with basket ball and fitness where as I soon found me and Dylan really didn't have many mutual interests apart from sex"

"There's more to a relationship than just sex" she said taking my hand.

"I soon found that one out" I laughed "but with Nate it's different, when I'm around him I feel like I cannot breathe and when I'm not around him I want to be"

"My girl do you know what that is, that is love"

"Mum I think he is the one you know" I whispered. "I've never met someone I just click with you know"

"I know what you mean kiddo it took me and you dad a while to see it but I feel the same way about him even still to this day" she smiled.

Just as I started to speak everyone ran outside with Nate holding the ball.

"What do you say we have a game before you have to pack" he smirked.

"Oh you are so going down boy" I said standing up tying my hair up.

"I don't think so, not this time"

"If I remember correctly boy every time we have played I have beat your ass, tell you what I will take my dad and you can have my brother and uncle Kevin" I said.

"Definitely going to beat you" he said kissing my head.

"Even with my dad on my team we know I will win" I laughed as dad walked by me.

"You are still my daughter and I will still kick your ass" dad said tapping me round my head.