34

Nate's view

Nate's view

"Yo has anyone seen Camille?" I asked the guys as we was waiting for the game to start. "She's never missed a game"

"Nah man not since her run this morning" skills said "maybe the shops been busy.

"The shops been pretty quite today" I sighed "she isn't coming, we had a massive fight earlier this afternoon"

"Wait you guys got into a fight" luke said in shock.

"Yeah I don't know how she did it but she managed to get me a chance to play with the Charlotte hornets" I smiled "but I kinda went off on her"

"Dude please tell me you at least said thank you" luke asked running his hand through his hair.

"No I didn't" I mumbled.

"Nate I know you are my brother but you are a fucking idiot"

"No need to remind me" I sighed "I've never seen her so upset"

"You never know she might show up at the river court later" he smiled at me before I walked off with the game starting.

———

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Camille arrive, normally she dumps her stuff and cam straight over joining in but not tonight. Tonight she just went and sat on the bench.

Taking a look over my heart broke, she looked so sad.

I managed to over hear her conversation with the girls.

"You not playing tonight?" Haley asked putting her arm around Camille.

"Nah my heart just isn't in it tonight" She said looking over at me.

After a couple of minutes of the girls talking I saw Camille get up and leave.

"Scott you seriously need to sort this shit out, like what she did for you is amazing" peyton snapped at me.

"I know" I sighed "it's just the distance"

"Oh my god you are so stupid at times."

"What?" I asked puzzled.

"Can't you see it she thinks history is fucking repeating it's self, remember when we first met her she was in tucking bits because the last person she was seeing was too fucking scared to make the long distance thing work" she screamed "why do you think she's beside herself Nate, she did an amazing thing for you and you are being a dick and lashed out at her."

"Charlotte is like 4 hours away on a fricking plane" I sighed.

"Do you know what Nate I give up, be a douche and carry on how you are but Camille obviously thinks you can make it work otherwise she wouldn't have spoke to whitey." She said before storming off.

———

I wanted nothing more than to go round Camille's and just speak to her, but right now it wouldn't be the best thing I needed to let her calm down.

Walking along the beach front, I needed to clear my head.

"Thought I'd find you here" Whitey said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I have nowhere better to be" I sighed.

"Camille will come around, have you thought about the spot with the hornets?"

"Yeah and I think I'm going to take them up on the offer but I need to sort things out with Camille first"

"What are you scared of son?"

"Mainly the distance, things are going so good for us right now and I don't know if me being 4 hours away will make things worse" I sighed "her last relationship broke down because of the distance"

"Love is about sacrifice so if she is willing to work through the distance so you could follow your dreams then why not give it a shot" he smiled.

———

It had been a couple of days since I had heard from or seen Camille, she hadn't even opened up the shop.

Walking by her shop I sighed, I couldn't believe I was that much of a jerk I didn't even say thank you.

- meet me at the river court in an hour Nx -

I need to fix this.

Sitting on the bench I waited for her to turn up, just the sound of her car in the distance made me smile, watching as she pulled up I sighed as I caught a glimpse of her appearance.

She was in her grey sweats, my hoodie, hair pulled back into a messy bun and sun glasses on, however it wasn't sunny so I'm assuming it was to hide her puffy eyes.

"Babygirl we need to talk" I whispered as she lent on the hood of her car.

"Nate you didn't even say thank you, you just went off on me" she sighed.

"I know I was being a dick and I am sorry about that" I said "what you did for me was amazing, you have given me an amazing opportunity and I am so grateful for that"

"I should have spoken to you first though" she mumbled.

"What's done is done, but I'm dying not seeing you babygirl, I understand why you reacted how you did, it's because of the distance" I said taking her hand "so this is what is going to happen, peyton is going to look after the shop and you and me are going to Charlotte"

"So you are gonna play for the hornets" she asked lifting her sunglasses off her face.

"Yes babygirl I am and it's because of you" I smiled "but I'm not doing it without you by my side. So you coming to Charlotte with me?"

"Of course I will you goof" she smiled.

"God I've missed that smile" I smirked just as it started to pouring down with rain making us both laugh.

Pulling her into my arms I smirked.

"So babygirl are we good?" I asked

She didn't need to answer me because as soon as the words left my mouth she smashed her lips against mine.