30

A lot had changed in 6 months, me and Nate decided to become official, I had moved to North Carolina and now I was stood in an empty shop

A lot had changed in 6 months, me and Nate decided to become official, I had moved to North Carolina and now I was stood in an empty shop. My shop.

"I'm proud of you kiddo" pops smiled kissing my head. "When does the stock arrive?"

"Should be in a couple of hours" I smiled slipping on nate's zip up hoodie.

"So when does your boy get here?" He asked.

"My grandpa actually liking one of my boyfriends" I laughed nudging him "he said he would be here after practice"

When I told Nate I was moving to tree hill, without even questioning it he pulled out of college in New York and managed to speak to his old coach and is now assistant coach of the tree hill ravens.

I have never been with someone who would stop pursuing their dream so I could live mine, Nate knew how I felt about it but he always told me he was still living his dream through coaching.

"When does mum and dad land?" I asked as I pulled my phone and my smokes out of my bag.

"Should be land in about half and hour" he smiled "you going to pick them up?"

"Yeah, do you mind hanging round here if the delivery comes"

"You know that's not an issue kiddo, now go pick your mum and dad up" pops smiled at me as I grabbed my bag and running next door.

"Hey Karen" I smiled

"You on the way to the airport?" She smiled placing a take away cup on the counter.

"Yeah mum and dad land in an hour" I nodded pulling out some money putting it on the counter "you remembered how I like it"

"Of course I did you have been coming in every day for 2 months now after your run"

———

"Baby this looks amazing" mum grinned as we walked into the shop. "And happy birthday, I cannot believe at 19 years old you have done more than what most people do in a lifetime"

"Yeah me and Nate have been working on the place every day" I smiled leaning against the counter. "And thanks"

"Well me and your mum are going to take a look around and will come back before the opening" dad smiled. "Hank you coming?"

"Yeah I'm not needed here anyway" he nodded.

Soon enough it was just me and my empty shop, turning up my music as I sat at the desk finishing up some sketches.

As Gavin DeGraw "I don't want to be" came on my playlist I smiled to myself turning it up louder.

I don't know what it was about this song but it had to be played loud.

Dancing around the open floor of the shop, singing my heart out.

I was singing so much I didn't hear the door open until I spun around still dancing, freezing when I saw Nate stood there with his ball under his arm, smirking at me as I turned the music down.

"Do you know how god damn cute you are" he smirked dropping the ball walking over to me.

"Yes because you keep telling me" I giggled

"I see you are stealing my clothes again"

"Well you shouldn't have left it at mine last night then should you" I whispered biting my lip.

"The things I'd love to do to you right now" he whispered in my ear. "But your stock just pulled up"

"You fucking tease" I moaned

"Come on let's go get your stock in" he said slapping my bum before heading outside.

Within half an hour all the boxes was on the floor of the shop and after a quick smoke break we were hanging the clothes I had designed up.

Taking a step back I looked around and couldn't stop grinning, I had built this from the ground up from an online website to actually owning my own shop.

"Now with all the excitement of today I don't want you to think I have forgotten your birthday baby girl" Nate grinned pulling out a gift bag from under the counter.

Ripping the paper open I smiled at the tiara ring.

"I know it's not a lot and I know we haven't been together that long but this is my promise to you that you have my heart and trust me baby this won't be the last right I put on your finger" he smirked.

"I love it thank you" I said kissing him.

"Why is it every time we see you two you are joined at the mouth" peyton laughed as she walked in the shop causing me to stick my middle finger up at her.

Soon enough my mum, dad and pops were back. Leaning against the counter staring at the mural I had painted I sighed.

"Hey birthday girl what's with the sighs" Nate asked putting his arm around me.

"Today is almost perfect" I whispered "it's my birthday and shop opening and not all my family are here"

"Turn around baby girl" Nate smiled spinning me to face the door as everyone walked in. "I know how much your family means to you so I've been arranging with them to fly out"

"So the meetings with whitey?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Was arranging this" he grinned.

"Do you know how amazing you are" I whispered before jumping over the counter and basically getting piled on by the Chicago pd's intelligence unit.