5

Laying on the sofa I was so bored, I wasn't even watching what was on tv, all I could think about was all the ways tonight could go wrong

The door bell soon pulled me out of my thoughts, before I could even get up to go answer it dad was already there.

As dad opened the door I couldn't help but go weak at the knees when I saw Dylan. He was stood there in his ripped jeans, black polo shirt which clung to his muscles and red beanie. I wanted to do nothing more then run up to him and kiss his tattoos.

"Mr Ruzek" Dylan smiled.

That's one of the many things I loved about Dylan he was so polite.

"Come on in" dad said before going back to the kitchen as my mum hopped over on her crutches.

"These are for you" Dylan smiled as pulled out a small bunch of flowers from behind his back "and Mr Ruzek I've brought these for you" he said pulling a 6 pack of Budweiser.

"You didn't have to bring us anything Dylan" mum smiled at him.

"No I did, my old man brought me up to always turn up with something for the host when being invited round for dinner" he said placing the flowers and beer on the side.

"Where's my gift then" I stood pouting at him.

"My little bear I'm your gift" he smirked as he pulled me in for a hug, placing the softest kiss ever on my lips.

"Seriously that's all I get" I playfully huffed.

"You will get more later if you are good" he whispered huskily in my ear before teasingly nipping it.

"Now you aren't playing fair" I moaned making him laugh.

Hearing dad cough behind us I had to roll my eyes. He really hated seeing me with a boy.

"How long till dinner? Or should I just order takeout now" I asked dad grinning.

"Dinner will be ready in 5" he said.

"Don't worry dad I have the pizza place on speed dial" I laughed ducking in time to miss the wooden spoon that came flying at my head.

"You will have to excuse my husband and daughter they are both big kids" mum laughed.

"It's fine I know how much of a big kid this one can be" Dylan laughed poking me in the side.

"Hey you are meant to be on my side" I pouted crossing my arms.

"Babygirl you know I can't take you seriously when you are wearing my hoodie that comes down to your knees" he smirked kissing my head.

"Right foods ready" dad said as he brought the tray over to the table.

"Dad this actually smells amazing. You sure you actually made this" I laughed walking over to the bar grabbing two glasses and pouring me and mum a glass of whiskey.

"What it you" he laughed flipping me off before he grabbed two beers out the fridge.

Just then Alvin came running in the front door.

"Thought you was at basketball practice?" Mum asked.

"Like I'd miss Camille bringing a boyfriend round for dinner" he said smirking at me.

"Please tell me pops isn't coming as well" I groaned.

"Yeah he is just parking up" Al laughed.

"Great" I sighed "you will soon find out just how protective the males are of me"

"With how beautiful you are it doesn't surprise me" Dylan winked causing me to go bright red.

"So I hear my princess has a boyfriend" pops shouted walking through the door.

Dylan instantly stood up walking over to him to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you sir" Dylan smiled.

"We shall see" pops said as he glared at me.

"Please play nice" I warned passing him a glass of whisky.

———

"So how old are you Dylan?" Alvin asked.

"23" he said before taking a swig of beer.

"Serious Camille" pops shouted "you are dating a 23 year old"

"Yeah and" I said squaring up to him, I wasn't afraid of going face to face with him, what can I say that was the Voight genes in me. "I'm not a child now pops"

"Dad there's no need to go berserk" mum sighed.

"And you Ruzek are letting this happen" he said pointing at dad.

"Hank look I have accepted that Camille is growing up, yes I'm not overly happy about the age difference but from what I've seen Dylan treats Camille like a fucking princess and makes her happy. That is all I want for my daughter to have a love as strong as mine and Heather's but trust me the first time she comes home crying because of him well let's just say I would probably be arrested again and struck off" dad said putting his arm around me.

Ok so I wasn't expecting my dads to react as he did.

"We are gonna head up stairs I'm not sitting here whilst you argue about me" I said.

"Keep the door open kiddo" dad said kissing my head before I stood up taking Dylan's hand leading him upstairs.

"I am sorry about that" I said flopping on my bed "I wouldn't blame you if you ran for this hills now"

"Hey it's going to take a lot more than overprotective family members to scare me off baby" Dylan smiled laying next to me playing with my fingers. "And I understand especially as I'm 6 years older than you"

"And you sure the age difference doesn't bother you" I whispered.

"Baby if the age bothered me when I met you I wouldn't have awkwardly flirted with you at the house party" he laughed. "And six years is nothing"

"You always know what to say" I smiled snuggling into his side.

"Yes it will take a little while for your family to get used to me and they will soon find out that you my number one" he said placing a kiss on my forehead.