36

"What's going through you head?" I asked as Nate sat at the end of my bed

"Nothing" he sighed.

"Well we both know that's a lie" I laughed shuffling down the bed with my legs either side of him, wrapping my arms round his waist, placing small kisses on his bare back. "Talk to me baby"

"I'm just worried" he whispered. "I worried about you being away from your family, I know how close you are and you have only seen them once this year. I feel like I'm pulling you away from them"

"Hey where has all this come from"

"I suppose being here has made me realise just how close you are and how much you miss each other"

"You do know you aren't pulling me away from them" I smiled against his skin. "I know we are close but I can't live my life in there pockets baby, however you do know when this baby arrives my mum and dad will pretty much move in with us for a bit"

"But" he started.

"Nate look I love you for worrying about this, I really do but the truth is yes I miss my family but whilst I was growing up I did everything I could to try and shake peoples expectations of me. My family name carries triple the weight of anyone else's because of who they are so being in Wilmington it's like I'm free, people only know the name Voight-Ruzek because of me and my fashion line." I whispered as he turned around to face me.

"And soon to be a scott" he smirked playing with my engagement ring.

"Right come on we need to go, it's the annual charity game tonight and imma bring the police to victory" I smirked pulling my jersey over my head.

"Wait something is different" he said raising his eyebrow. "Wasn't your number 15 before?"

"Yes but we all know number 23 is much better" I winked as I ran out the room.

———

"Babygirl" Nate shouted running over to me.

"What's up" I giggled as he pulled me into his arms.

"Just be careful ok" he whispered kissing my head

"I will be fine" I smiled as he placed his hand on my non existent bump "we will be fine, in face we are going to win this thing"

"Yo future mrs Scott we playing ball or what" uncle Kevin shouted making me laugh.

"Go, go be awesome baby" Nate smirked slapping my bum as I ran onto the court.

———

"What you working on kiddo" dad asked as he flopped on the sofa next to me.

"Just working on my next line" I smiled showing him my sketch pad.

"A line for babies" he smiled.

"It makes sense seen as we are expecting" I said placing a hand on my stomach.

"You got a name for the line?" He asked.

"Yeah baby scott, it's got to be done" I laughed.

"I just can't believe my baby is growing up" he whispered nudging my shoulder "you have your own company and now starting your own family"

"Do you know sometimes I can't believe it either, I've grown up so much in such a short space of time" I laughed.

"Yeah you was a little shit a couple of years ago" he laughed.

"I think it was the best thing you did for me pulling me out of school" I smiled leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I think it was kiddo" Dad laughed "so have you thought of named for the little one"

"Yeah we have and if it's a boy his middle name will be Adam" I smiled. "But we are keeping the first name secret"

"Babygirl I'm back" Nate said sitting next to me. 

"Did you have a good run" I asked leaning into his side.

"Yeah wasn't as fun without you there though" he laughed

"Well I would have been if you hadn't made me stay here" I pouted.

"You was tired after the game" he said "also I have a surprise for you"

He placed a set of keys in my hand.

"What's this?"

"You know that beach house you was drooling over?"

"Yes" I said looking at the keys and then it hit me  "no you didn't"

"Oh I did baby, as we speak the guys are moving all our stuff in" he grinned.

"I can't believe you brought a house" I laughed.

"Well my apartment is too small and your house is ok but I thought we should have something together and I know you love that house" he smirked.

"You Nathan Scott are one amazing human and I cannot wait to marry you" I giggled. "I also want to get married before the baby arrives"

"Done" he smiled kissing my head.

"Uh oh this sounds like it's gonna hurt my wallet" dad smirked "girl I know your taste so I can see this dress is going to be expensive"

"Errrr hello fashion designer" I laughed pointing at myself. "I'm making my own dress"

"Good luck with this one Nate, she's not going to want anything other than perfection" dad laughed.

"Good job it perfection she's going to get them" Nate grinned kissing my head.

"Good answer son, good answer" dad smirked patting Nate on the shoulder.