12

Heather's view

Heather's view

"Right I don't care what stage we are at with the current case you all need to drop everything" I shouted storming into the bullpen with Adam, jay and Erin hot on my heels.

"Oh shit something's gone down" antonio said standing up.

"Yes something has gone down" I snapped "my daughter is currently in the hospital after having her stomach pumped due to some prick spiking her drink"

"Wait someone drugged my little princesa" antonio slammed his hand on the desk.

"Unfortunately and her best friend just let it happen" I sighed. "So I'm going over to his flat"

"Here's the wrap sheet for this kid" Kim nodded passing me the paper.

"Thanks, right lets go show this kid what happens when you mess with one of our own" I smirked.

———

"Chicago pd" I said quietly as I gently knocked on the door just for formality. The music was blasting so they didn't hear me.

"Hit it" I said to Adam.

Within seconds he kicked the door open busting the hinges.

"Well well well" I smirked looking around "what do we have here"

"Shit mrs Ruzek" Xavier gulped.

"Yes boy shit indeed" I said calmly walking over to him.

"Damn dyl called her mummy" a creepy guy with long hair laughed.

"You dude it's not just mummy, that's her whole family" Xavier said shaking.

"You really think this wouldn't have happened, you spiked my daughters drink causing her to be in hospital" I laughed twirling my gun in my hands.

"I didn't do anything it was them" Xavier gulped.

"See that's the point xavier, you did fuck all" I spat "now I used to be a bitch for the sake of being a bitch, but now I'm a bitch for the sake of my friends and especially my family"

Looking around the room I saw jay and Antonio holding Adam back.

"Now you see this family is very very protective of Camille and we are not happy about what's happened" I said walking over to Adam placing my hand on his shoulder. "Badge and gun baby"

I swear I saw his eyes light up as he passed me his badge and gun.

"Officially off duty now" I smirked looking at the boys "now we are just going to step outside"

Everyone followed leaving Adam in the room with them. Leaning against the door frame I checked my nails as I heard the sound of whimpers.

After 5 minutes I walked back in placing my hand on adams back who instantly calmed down pulling away from them. Passing him his gun and badge back smiling at him.

"Cuff em all" I nodded to the guys.

———

Leaning back in my chair I ran my hand through my hair. I couldn't believe someone would actually spike my little girls drink.

"Princesa What you doing here" I heard antonio say.

Instantly I was on my feet and leant against the door frame as I watched Camille and Dylan get into the bullpen. I smiled at how he had his arm around her making sure she didn't fall.

"Why aren't you in bed young lady?" I asked raising my eyebrow at her "also when did you get discharged?"

"Like i would just lay in a hospital bed" she half laughed "and about half an hour ago"

"I wonder where you get that from aye" I laughed watching her as she saw Adam come from downstairs, her eyes instantly went to his bloody knuckles.

"Dad please tell me you didn't" she sighed.

"Like id let whoever did this to you go without a few cuts and bruises" he smirked as Camille rolled her eyes at him.

"No wonder no one wants to be my friend" I heard Camille mumbled causing my heart to break. I knew exactly what it felt like to go through school with people being scared of you due to who your parents were.

"Before I forget kiddo your exam dates came through today" I nodded at her.

"Right you Will said you could be discharged only if you went home and rested so come on" Dylan said kissing the top of Camille's head.

"But I don't wanna rest" she pouted making me laugh.

"Don't care, now get that butt moving" Dylan said rolling his eyes.

Soon after they left I felt Adam wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"That girl is so much like you it actually scares me a little bit" he smirked.

"Watch it you" I laughed

———

Walking back into the house I saw Camille and Dylan on the sofa. She had her sketch pad out whilst he was watching the game.

"How you feeling?" I asked walking over and kissing her head.

"Bit of pain in my stomach but other than that ok" she said not taking her eyes off the paper.

Leaning over I looked at what she was drawing and I was amazed I didn't know my daughter could draw like that.

"That's really good kiddo" I smiled "think you can draw your mum something for a tattoo"

That got her looking up.

"Really" she beamed.

"Yes really, I want something that represents our family and the unit" I nodded "also I think we should go fabric shopping and actually make that dress you have drawn"

Little did I know that me saying that would put the thought into her head and cause her to change what she wanted to do in life.