19

Today was the day

Today was the day. The day I started my internship. To say I was excited was an understatement.

Grabbing my phone and smokes I went and sat out on my balcony. Checking all the messages off everyone back home made me smile.

I was in a place where not many people knew who I was so I could just be myself. No acts or fronts.

Hearing the door of my balcony open drew me out of my thoughts.

"Hey girl" peyton smiled as she sat down on the chair next to me.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Just wanted to come and say good luck for today my classes start at 8 so won't be here when you leave" she said.

"Thanks, I'm so nervous" I laughed.

"I've seen your drawings they are amazing so I know you will be fine" she smiled "when's your dad landing?"

"Urm should be about 5pm so gonna head straight to the airport after I finished today." I smiled "you probably thing I'm a right dork because I've only been here a week and my dads flying out to me"

"No at all from what you told us you are a tight nit family so I think it's cute" she smiled. "Now come on get ready so you aren't late on your first day"

Within the next hour I was ready, looking in the mirror I smiled before walking out my room.

"So that's why you wasn't on the court this morning" Nate laughed.

"Zip it you, I don't normally have to have perfect hair and make up" I laughed.

"Well you look good" he smiled at me "now come on I promised peyton I'd give you a lift today saves you getting a cab"

"You really don't have to" I smiled grabbing my bag.

"Yes I do now come on" he smirked.

———

"So Camille I've had a look over your portfolio of designs and I have to admit they are really impressive I have a feeling you are going to fit in here" abi smiled at me.

"Thank you" I smiled looking up from my laptop.

"Just to let you know you will need to do two days at college a week which will be Tuesday and Thursday" she smiled.

"What will I be studying?" I asked.

"Business and marketing" abi said "right it's half 4, normally you will work till 5 but it's your first day and Friday so go enjoy your weekend and we will see you Monday morning"

"See you Monday" I smiled as she walked off. Grabbing my phone I checked to see if dad had text me yet.

Good he hadn't landed yet which gave me time to jump in a cab and head over to the airport.

———

Through the crowds of people I saw dad and I couldn't help but smile. As soon as he was close enough I ran over to him causing him to drop his bag engulfing me in a hug.

"Hey princess" he grinned as he picked his bag up. "How was your first day?"

"Really good, they liked my work so that's a good sign" I smiled.

"I am so proud of you kiddo, how are you settling in?" He asked as we made our way to the cabs.

"Quicker than I thought I would my room mates are pretty cool" I nodded.

"Has douchebag tried contacting you at all?" Dad asked.

"Actually no he hasn't, think he has finally got the message" I sighed in relief.

"Oh he got the message all right" dad laughed as we got into a taxi.

"What did you do?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"What makes you think I did something?" He laughed.

"The smirk on your face" I laughed.

"Ok well me, jay, Kev and tonio went on a lads night out" he said. "And the bouncer let Dylan into mollies"

"Oh god" I groaned knowing where this was going.

"So he came up to me begging me to tell him your address and I was a bit tipsy at this point, and off the clock so no badge or gun" he smirked. "Let's just say he got roughed up. By all of us"

"Hopefully he will leave me alone now" I smiled as we walked into my apartment "now come on I have to show you something"

"Camille this is amazing, I've got to send everyone a pic and when you are back you can do something like this in the bullpen" he grinned as he took a picture of the CPD artwork I had sprayed on my wall.

"I'm gonna get changed and we will head down to the river court" I smiled grabbing my trackies and cropped hoodie before going into my en-suite.

———

"Dad you are still shit" I said between laughs.

"Hey I got the gift of shooting a gun not a ball" he huffed launching the ball at me.

"Yo girl, not telling me you were coming here" I heard Nate shout.

"Piss off scott" I smirked "my dads in town this weekend so probably won't be down here this weekend"

"No worries" he smirked walking over to us "nice to meet you sir, I'm Nathan Scott"

"Hey less of the sir makes me sound old" dad laughed shaking his hand.

After about an hour of messing about Nate went just leaving me and dad.

"So moving on already" dad smirked nudging my shoulder.

"No he is just a friend. I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now, I just need to get over Dylan before I do anything" I said.

"One thing I have learnt is if a chance at love comes knocking you have to let it in" he smiled putting his arm around me.

"I just want to focus on my internship dad" I sighed.

"I know kiddo but I've not seen you smile like you have done around Nate in a couple of weeks. Just saying" dad whispered.