15. Miss. Perfect And Rain

Evan

This girl was a havoc. She actually managed to make me regret my action and then she had the audacity to say sorry so she could steal me of the reason to dislike her. What the actual fuck?

"Sir," A voice called and I lifted my head, realising I was in the middle of a presentation. "What is your stance on this product?"

"Um..." I looked around the dark room, trying to figure out what to do. For the first time in years, I didn't focus on the work and now, everybody was looking at me with keen eyes to hear my opinion. "I think... I think you should make another better presentation tomorrow." I said to the redhead who was giving me the presentation.

Saying that, I stood up and everyone stood with me. Excusing myself, I ordered Gabe, my secretary to bring me a cup of coffee and then I made my way back to my office.

Sitting on the desk, I let out a groan. I couldn't understand why I was thinking about her. So what if she was disappointed with me last night? Why did that make me feel ashamed of myself? This had never happened before.

My hands automatically went to the second drawer of my desk and I pulled out a photo frame. Eliza's face smiled back at me through the photo. I took it on our date to a beach. She looked radiant under the sun, in her orange bikini, her hair bouncing up and down with every movement.

"That girl is weird, Eliza. Why did you left me to be with her?" I muttered under my breath. If she was alive, she would have told me to be a big man and suck it up. The thoughts forced a smile on my face.

"She is too perfect, too good." I said as Scarlet's innocent face appeared in front of my eyes. "I miss your imperfections. And I miss how I could be imperfect with you, unlike that girl who probably judges me for everything I do or say."

Being with her in a same room makes me feel naked, as if she could see right through me. Every night, I feel her gaze on my back, probably thinking new ways to change my life. She makes me feel things that I hate to feel. She makes me want to cozy up in a blanket and sleep. She makes me want to have a comfortable dinner. She makes me want to take a long, warm shower. Normal things, things I had given up because they waste so much time.

Weird.

"I love you," I said, brushing my finger over Eliza's beautiful face and for a small second, it felt like I was actually touching her. When the emotions become too heightened, I put the frame back and opened my laptop for work. Talking with Eliza actually took my mind off Scarlet and I felt better.

..........

I was on my way back to my house when it started raining. I had taken an early off to go somewhere tonight. When I looked at my clock, it showed 7:30. Scarlet usually closed her bakery at 8 and Liam was the one who drives her back. I don't know why she chose his help over having my driver take her whenever or wherever she wants.

I asked my driver to take me to Scarlet's bakery. It wasn't far from my office so it took me few minutes to reach the doorstep of Biscotti.

Through the glass door, I saw as she talked to Liam. They both were laughing at something while Scarlet's hand was loosely resting on his arm. Doesn't she know what men think of such signals? Rubbing someone's arm in slow manner can make him think she wants to have some sexual relation with him. Clearly, she was too innocent to think what goes in horny mind of a man.

Rolling my eyes at their action, I left the car and entered through the door. Her eyes immediately reached me and she stilled for a minute.

Behind her, Liam slowly made his way through the door to another room, probably hurt over the fact that he won't get to flirt with my wife tonight. Wait... My wife? What the hell.

"Evan, what are you doing here?" she asked in surprise.

"I am here to pick you up. The weather is getting severe." I told her while I assessed the bakery. I have been here before and this place always smell like home, like a mother's cozy kitchen.

"You didn't have to." she said, pushing some of her dark locks behind her ear. Her loose waves were framing her round face and they looked so soft from a distance.

"I am here now, ain't I?" I said. "Come on, the rain is getting heavier." The loud sound of clouds rumbling reached our ears and I shrugged at that.

"Okay," she said. "Liam, I am leaving with Evan. Take care." she announced and I felt annoyed at how sweet she was being with him.

She walked in front of me and my eyes lowered to her behind. She was wearing denim jeans that hugged her thighs and butt perfectly. Although she was short, she had long legs that were perfectly toned. I forced my eyes away and went into my car after her.

During the drive back to my house, my eyes kept darting to her. She looked extra beautiful today, as much as I hate to admit. Maybe it had to do something with the fact that she was wearing my favorite color, a white off-the-shoulder top.

I moved my gaze back to the front when she caught me staring at her.

..........

After changing into a black T-shirt and jeans, I made my way to the dining table. I expected to find Cara and Scarlet there but instead, there was just Kelly serving dinner.

"Where's everyone else? I said, looking at my wrist watch. It was still an hour before Cara goes to sleep.

"They are playing in the lawn." she said.

I looked towards the window and it was still raninig. Shaking my head at their childish actions, I asked Kelly to wait while I walked towards the small lawn at the back of my house.

I stood by the doorframe and watched as both Cara and Scarlet hopped under the rain, laughing loudly.

"Cara, go back to your room. You'll catch cold." I said to Cara who stopped moving on hearing my voice. She pouted at first and then looked at Scarlet, who nodded her to do what I say. "Ask Geena to change you into some warm clothes."

"Okay, Daddy," she said and walked past me into the house.

My eyes then moved to Scarlet who was drenched from head to toe. Her hair was sticking to her neck and her white top was almost transparent now. While wet, she looked even more ethereal, even more radiant.

"Adults can also catch cold. Come in and change into something warm," I said to her.

"Okay, Daddy," she mimicked Cara lowly under her breath, without even realising that her words could mean something dirtier. A smile threatened to make its way to my lips as she reluctantly walked back to the house.

_________________________