20. Life As We Know It

Evan

When I entered my room, I had to blink twice to check if the scene in front of me was my imagination or reality.

Scarlet Ray, or should I say Scarlet Parker was standing in front of me in a silk negligee. The girl who never wear anything revealing or tight was wearing a red, silk negligee that hugged all her curves and ended just below her butt. Her hair was ruffled in a sexy manner and her smooth, long legs were visible to tease me. Everything about her screamed perfection and the urge to feel her soft body against mine was empowering me.

Both of us kept standing in a trance until she realised her lack of clothing and whispered, "Shit."

She leaned down to pick the robe from the bed and unknowingly, I got a peek of her cleavage. My pants suddenly felt tight because of the mouth-watering sight and I let out a muffled groan.

"Fuck," I whispered, rushing towards the bathroom before she could see her effect on me. "I have to pee," I said behind me and closed the door with a thud.

When I had finally taken a cold shower and calmed a certain part of my body, I made my way back to the room. Disappointment filled me when I saw that she had covered herself with the robe and her bare legs were now under the blanket.

"Helena bought me this." she said, as if defending herself.

"Of course she did." I rolled my eyes. Helena knew what she was doing by manipulating my innocent wife into seducing me.

"How is the preparation going?" I asked her to change the uncomfortable topic.

"Great," she replied. My eyes darted to her hair that were still ruffled, as if someone had run his fingers through them.

"So you really won't come?" she asked, disappointment dripping from her voice.

"No," I said and dried my hair with the towel. When I opened my eyes, I found her eyes on my torso where the shirt had ridden up during the drying. My trousers were hanging low and the V of my abdomen was visible. I smirked on seeing her slightly opened mouth and flushed cheeks. She looked so cute yet so seductive at the same time.

"Good night," she said and then lay down to sleep.

"Good night," I said and sat down in front of my desk to do some work.

I had few analysis to read and few emails to respond. My back was already hurting because of sitting straight the whole day so I shifted to the bed.

My eyes darted from time to time to Scarlet's sleeping figure. Trying my best to ignore her, I kept doing my work. Since she had came in my life, I had been losing my focus on work. Working from day to night was never difficult but now, seeing her sleeping peacefully makes me want to sleep too.

Despite every part of me telling me to lay down, I kept my focus on the laptop but with every passing minute, it became harder for me to sit upright. So after almost one hour, I put the laptop aside, turned off the lights and lay down beside her.

She was laying on her side, her face towards me. Some of her silky locks were blocking her face from my sight. Extending my hand, I tucked the hair behind her ear.

Her eyes were closed and her long lashes were resting on her cheekbones. She had amazing skin and flawless face, except a very small beauty mark on her jaw. Her lips were set into a cute pout and it caused me to let out a small chuckle.

"What will I do with you?" I whispered and leaned towards her to place a small kiss on her cheeks. My pounding heart made me feel like I was stealing something or doing something illegal.

When I pulled apart, she shifted in her place and extended her hand to rest it on me but it didn't reach me. To help her, I scooted closer to her and rested her arm back on my waist, pulling the blanket over both of us.

Sleep soon overpowered me and I closed my eyes, relishing in the feeling of her arm over my stomach.

..........

She was here with me, on this very bed. Lying on top of her, I was kissing her passionately. This stunning girl lying bare under me makes me feel things I haven't felt before. All the emotions buried deep somewhere resurfaces whenever I am with her.

"Just don't.... Ever.... Stop." Her breathless voice came and I kissed her harder. My mouth travelled south to her delicate neck and I peppered small kisses down to her collar bones.

For a brief moment, I raised my head and stared at the girl that makes my heart ache for more. Her dark blonde hair was sprawled against the white sheets and her blue eyes were filled with desire.

"Marry me," I whispered.

Her eyes widened and the expression of shock filled her face. "What the fuck Evan! Are you proposing me during sex?" she screamed at me with surprise and confusion.

"Yes Eliza, I am. I want you and not just physically." I said and kissed her delicious mouth.

"What if I say no?" she said with a mischievous smile playing on her face.

I parted from her and lay on my back beside her. "Then I'll marry someone else." I said.

She grunted angrily and the next thing I know, she was straddling me. "I'll be the first and last girl in your life, Evan." she said as she leaned down to capture my lips, positioning herself against me down there.

I  closed my eyes and felt her mouth move from my lips down, to my neck, and then my chest, still going down.

"Eliza," I shouted her name and rose to sitting position. The bright light in the room turned into terrifying darkness. I looked around myself and found Scarlet sleeping peacefully. My eyes moved to the clock and it was just 5 in the morning.

This day, five years ago, I lost the love of my life and a viscious cycle of misery and torment started. I wish I could go back in time and stop her from leaving me. I wish I could trade her life for mine and save her.

I lay back and struggled to sleep again but all in vain. I kept tossing and turning restlessly on the bed until when at 7, I finally moved out of bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

After spending an adequate amount of time in the bathroom, I changed into a casual clothes and walked out. My eyes moved to Scarlet who was now sitting on the bed, stretching her limbs.

Walking inside the closet, I picked up a dark blue suit. I was still in the closet when Scarlet walked inside and leaned against the door of the closet.

"Are you leaving?" she asked in sleepy voice.

"Yes, I won't be back tonight probably." I said. I was planning on booking a hotel room and spending the night there because I knew I would be in a miserable state the whole day. I didn't want her to see me in my moment of weakness.

"Evan," she called my name and I lifted my head to look at her. She looked stunning in that gown, with her hair messy and her eyes sleepy. "Please, try to join the party. It would mean a lot to her."

"I don't want to give anyone false hopes." I said honestly and proceeded to select a tie. "I won't come."

Disappointment filled her brown eyes as she stared at me with hope that I might change my mind. When I didn't speak anything for a long moment, she sighed defeatedly and closed the door behind her.

________________________

Would Evan join the party or not?