44. The Silent Whispers

Scarlet

After dropping Rachel at her apartment, we drove back to Evan's house. Both Kelly and George had gone back to the servants quarter so we went straight to our room and he locked the door behind him.

"What happened to Helena after we left?" I asked him, kicking off my heels.

"Liam took her home. I didn't want to say this in front of Rachel." He said and sat on the bed to take off his shoes.

I took off the jacket and then walked in front of the dressing table. One by one, I took off each earring. Through the mirror, I watched Evan who was staring at me with deep, calculating eyes, observing my every move.

I brought all my hair to my shoulder and then my hands went around my neck to open the delicate necklace. I could feel his heated gaze on my back, making small holes burning through my dress. He was being excessively silent today and it was making the whole room silent with him.

When I failed to free the necklace after my tenth attempt, he finally decided to help me and walked behind me. His fingers replaced mine on the nape of my neck and I shivered at the cold touch. Through the mirror, I watched him towering over me, with his eyes focused on my neck.

"Do you really feel what you told Rachel?" He asked while his fingers brushed my neck and undid the necklace.

I had no idea he was listening to me talking to Rachel. Although I didn't say anything against him, what I told her about my insecurities was personal. Those were my deepest fears; never being enough for someone.

"Yes," I whispered.

A whirlpool of emotions flashed his eyes as they locked against mine through the mirror. "You are anything but ordinary, Scarlet." He whispered. He bent his head and rested it on my bare shoulder, forcing me to close my eyes. "You are so fucking beautiful but that's not the best thing about you. I have never seen someone so pure, someone who sacrificed her life for a little girl, someone who thinks about everyone before herself. An ordinary person doesn't have such a big heart."

His words made my heart flutter in joy and a smile lingered on my lips.

"I feel like I am the one not enough for you. You don't deserve the drama that comes with me, sweetheart. You are far too precious for that." He mumbled in my ears and sadness filled me on hearing this. I couldn't imagine myself with anyone other than Evan. In the past few months, I had grown used to his presence. I had started to accept him with all his shortcomings and now, those things didn't even matter to me. Nobody else even come close to him in my eyes.

"You are enough for me, more than enough. I don't need a drama-less person if he is not you." I muttered lowly.

For a minute, he didn't speak anything and the sound of our harsh breaths filled the room. His masculine scent was invading my nostrils, filling my senses with his presence.

"You amaze me, Scarlet." He said and placed a lingering kiss on the junction of my neck and shoulder. I angled my neck to give him more space. His soft lips traced a path up to my ear, placing wet kisses all the way.

"Do I?" I mumbled breathlessly..

"You do." He grazed my bare arm with his teasing fingers while his mouth continued its torture behind my ear, increasing the tension in my belly.

"Oh..." I whispered under my breath at the sudden onslaught of emotions.

He momentarily parted from me and his hands reached the zip of my dress. His eyes zeroed into mine, asking for permission. I gulped and stayed silent while the rosy colour of my cheeks answered for me.

His fingers curled around my zip and in a torturing speed, he unzipped the dress down to the small of my back. I closed my eyes as he pushed the thin spaghetti straps of my dress away from my shoulder. Once the straps were free, the dress slipped off me easily, leaving me in black undergarments.

I couldn't control any longer. I wanted to be close to him, so close that there won't be anything separating us. Turning around in his hold, I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.

Our lips met with scorching passion, transferring all the feeling in that one kiss. He felt like oxygen to me that was essential for me to survive. My tongue fought with his dominant one, until I was a breathing mess and decided that letting him win wasn't a bad idea either.

Somewhere in that kiss, he picked me up and lay me down on the bed, hovering on top of me. My hands went to the buttons of his T-shirt and I struggled to open them. I wanted to feel his skin directly on mine. I wanted to touch him, like he was touching my body with his slow, teasing fingers.

He helped me take off his shirt and once it was out of way, my throat went dry. His skin was taut, covering the carved muscles of his chest and abdomen. Nervously, I rested my hand on his back because I haven't touched a man before, definitely not in this way so my hands were trembling slightly. But his skin felt soothing under mine and urged me to tighten my hold over him.

Once again, our lips clung to each other, exploring each other's mouth like two souls hungry for each other. My nails dug into his back and he moaned into my mouth, increasing the heat between my legs.

"Stop me if you want. I am giving you one last chance to back out." He said, kissing my neck, more like feasting on my neck like a vampire. His hands were possessive, his kisses were possessive, his gaze was possessive. Everything about him screamed pure animalistic hunger right now. The sight was too beautiful to back out at this moment.

"I don't want to stop," I said and this caused his kisses to become more intense. He sucked the skin above my collar bone, probably leaving a hickey there. I closed my eyes and let my other senses take over.

"Good," he said and removed the rest of the clothings off me. His dilated eyes caused me to blush like a tomato when he stared at me from head to toe. I was exposed under him in a way I have never been before. I was about to give him my virginity and weirdly, I wasn't having any second thoughts because I knew he won't do anything to hurt me.

His mouth lingered on my breast while his hand travelled south, increasing the tension in my body. I clenched my eyes shut and let my other senses guide me. His touch down there was too much for me to handle and when he noticed my shivering, he calmed me by placing his lips on mine and kissing me slowly.

He worshipped my whole body as if I was something rare. He made me feel things I have never felt before in my life. Our small groans and moans filled the room as we finally consummated our marriage. At that moment, I felt something other than just lust that was overpowering my senses. I felt an immense amount of love for the man cherishing me like a treasure.

____________________________

I feel like anything more detailed than this would have ruined the essence of the story.