42. Of Movies And Cuddles

Scarlet

The re-opening day of my bakery went great. All my old customers came to visit us and I got some new ones too. But I realized that we might need to hire one or two new bakers to help divide the load. With more customers, the burden on Liam and I had increased so I asked Rachel to put a sign on the door that we were hiring new cooks.

While I was decorating the mint chocolate cupcakes on the aisle, I heard a pair of heels striding towards me. I lifted my head to look at Helena who was observing this new place with a smile.

"This place looks banging." She commented. She was wearing a velvet dress that accentuated her slim figure, her hair pulled up in a flawless bun.

"Thanks. What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"Well, I had already sent an invitation card to Evan but I guessed I should personally invite you as well. I'm throwing a party to inaugurate my new club. And you girl, have to come." She said, pointing her finger at me. "And wear something hot." She added a wink.

"Um..."

"No Umm. You're coming with Evan." She said and then opened her bag to bring a card out. "And give this one to Liam. You have to show this card at the entrance."

"He is in the kitchen. Why don't you invite him yourself?" I asked and led her to our kitchen.

Once we stepped through the doorframe, my eyes widened in embarrassment as I watched the scene unfolding inside. Liam and Rachel were busy chucking flour at each others, their skin and hair covered in white powder. Beside me, Helena was throwing daggers at them, Rachel in particular.

I coughed to clear my throat and that's when they noticed us. Liam's playful expression changed on watching Helena and he dusted the floor off himself immediately.

"Sorry for disturbing your playtime." Helena sarcastically remarked and put the card on the counter of the kitchen. "This is an invitation card to my party. You can bring your girlfriend too." She said with a fake smile on her face and stomped out of the kitchen, leaving Liam and Rachel baffled at her reaction.

I followed her to the exit of the bakery where a car was waiting for her. "Helena," I called her name to stop her.

"Yeah?" She turned around dramatically and asked.

"Why don't you admit that you like him? It was so obvious that you were jealous of Rachel." I told her what I felt. As her friend, it was my duty to give her a genuine suggestion because it was clear that she had some feelings for Liam.

"Jealous? I don't get jealous over men, sweetheart. It's the other way around." She smiled smugly and motioned towards her driver who opened the door of the car for her. "See you at the party," she said before leaving.

I knew she was trying to act cool but the hurt on seeing Rachel and Liam cozy was obvious on her face. I know women like her; they try to act like they don't need anyone but in reality, they just don't want to get their hearts broken by the men they like. I just hope she soon realises her feelings before either of them gets hurt badly.

............

It was Saturday evening and after eating our dinner, Evan left for his study room while Cara and I decided to watch a movie. I didn't know Cara was a horror movie fanatic like me so when she chose a horror movie to watch, I felt weirdly proud.

Each of us took a small tub of ice-cream to the couch and we turned the lights off. The movie started and we cozied up under the blanket. "Are you sure you won't feel scared?" I asked.