54. Chef Evan Parker

Scarlet

After almost a week, I was putting any effort in dressing up. Because all my belongings were still in Evan's house, I had to buy some clothes on urgent basis. I was planning on taking some clothes back with me after dinner tonight.

To be honest, the thought of seeing Evan was exciting me. Being away from him was not easy. Every night, I spend hours thinking about him before sleeping, imagining him instead of the cushion and cuddling with it. Life without him was boring and meaningless, and I had no idea how would I spend these days when each one feels like hell.

Today, after returning from the bakery, I took a long refreshing shower and then changed into a white off-the-shoulder dress. I dried my hair and let them loose over my shoulder. Applying light makeup on my face, I walked out of the room and found Nate sitting on the couch of the living room.

"Going somewhere?" He asked, assessing my preparation.

"Yeah, Evan invited me to dinner." I said shyly because I felt I was too weak. It hasn't been a week since he threw me out and I already gave in to his offer.

"Well, do you want me to drop you there?" He asked and thankfully, didn't comment anything about my decision.

"Thanks but I'll call an Uber." I said to avoid discomforting him.

"It's getting dark. Don't worry, I'll drop you." He said with his charming smile. Nate was adorable and really helpful, and any girl would be lucky to have him in her life.

"Okay," I smiled. He stood up and turned off the TV. I followed him to the parking lot of the building where his shiny car was standing in all it's glory. He opened the door for me like the gentleman he was and then slid in the driver's seat. He revved the engine and soon, we were off towards the place where I had left my heart.

..........

The car came to a halt in front of the huge house that was almost as big as a mansion. Hearing the voice of the car, Evan opened the door himself, with Cara in his arms. Her grin widened as she noticed me and she extended her arm to wave at me. Her leg was still covered in plaster, which was the reason why she couldn't walk properly.

Saying thanks to Nate, I walked towards Cara and Evan shifted her into my arms. She felt a lot lighter than before, probably because of the stress on her body due to the accident.

"Is it uncle Nate?" She asked in surprise when she noticed him sitting in the car. "Daddy, did you invite Uncle Nate too?"

"Um..." Evan's eyes switched between me and Cara. A frown appeared on his forehead and he gritted, "Yes, I invited Uncle Nate."

Hearing this, Cara waved at Nate as well. Realising the situation, he parked the car at a side and walked out. "Hey beautiful." He reached her and Cara jumped out of my arms towards him.

"I missed you Uncle Nate," she said, hugging him. "Did you bring Chocolates for me from Wa... Washington?"

"I did. But it's in my apartment right now." Nate pouted.

My eyes switched to Evan and he was looking at then with an annoyed look on his face. Nate was the last person he wanted to have dinner with him. Guess we don't always get what we want.

Together, all four of us walked inside. Kelly came to welcome us and I moved forward to hug her. I had missed her because since day one, she had been like a motherly figure for me in this house.

"Kelly, take them to the dining room. I'll go check the food." Evan said to Kelly and then stomped towards the kitchen.

While everybody else walked to the dining room, I made my way to the kitchen instead. Every part of this house made me nostalgic of the time spent here. Now, I was here like a guest and that didn't feel good at all.