19.I don't "like like" you anymore

reader's P.o.v

The rest of Meliodas's weekend whas spend with Elizabeth,Yes he knew that if he kept this up her sisters would find out eventually.
But he diden't really care, He just loved spending time with his mate.

He usually kept his emerald green eye's when he whas alone with her, But had his demon mark plus eyecolour on whenever someone else whas with them.
So it wouldent be a  suprise that he would activated his mark if he went to school the next day..
Well to everyone's suprise...He diden't come to school that day..Heck his siblings where also absent, even Ban whas suprised..He knew damn well that his best friend wont leave Elizabeth alone in school either he whas sick or not, Mishion or not.
Ban whas deffinantly going to need some answers for that.
But he knew one thing for sure, He whas going to need to keep an eye on Elizabeth that day..And since he wasen't in her classes, Even after lunch..Somehow for some reason they changed his scedual.
He whas going to ask for help to the least person he wanted to ask..

king

He and him still weren't on the best terms after that fight, But since he whas also a brother he should be able to understand.
Witch he did...Eventually.
King agreed to it for a few reason's..
1.Elizabeth whas a friend, and someone who could relate to his anxiedy.
2.she whas best friends with Diane.(we all know why he cares( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
3.He could understand how Ban felt as an older brother, Especially since Elizabeth whas unaware of what whas going on between the two groups.
and 4.His captain would kill him if something bad happend to Elizabeth..
But that whas the least of his concerns..Atleast for now.

"Harlequin, Me and Elizabeth are going to eat lunch at the cherry blosom tree..Will you join us?",Diane suddenly snapped king out of his thoughts.
Right now, We find King,Diane and Elizabeth inside their classroom.
There where only a few other student then them, they came erlier this time after all.
"Oh..Uh yeah sure Diane",King replied with a lazy smile.
"King, Why do you think Meliodas isen't here today?..",Elizabeth asked slightly woried, She knew that hid absents ment no good.
"No idea, He would usually never leave you alone on this school..Even if he'd be sick or have something to deal with..*cough* So it's strange if you ask me",He answerd also being a confussed mess.
"Hmm..oh ya!Elizabeth have you tried calling him yet?",Diane asked excided only to left with a frown after Elizabeth told her that he won't pick up.

Diane nodded as they changed the subject..for now.
Class soon started and Elizabeth wasen't going to lie..She missed Meliodas already.
Just yesterday he seemed like his normal self, He diden't seem sick not woried..So whatever happend must have been unexcpected since he diden't tell her anything of him being absent the next day.
She whas woried, And made a silent promise to look for him afterwards.
She missed his warmt, His smile, His jokes..All of the things she knew what made Meliodas..Well Meliodas, She missed it.
she missed him.
As soon as class ended.
When most of the students had left the classroom, she got up and whas about to put her notebook away when she spotted a note in her bag, She took it out and read it.

'To: Elizabeth
From: Mael
Hello Elizabeth, I want you to meet me at the schoolrooftop's garden at 12:25, I want to appoligise for my behavior towards that guy..
I hope to see you there Ellie'

Whas what she read, She knew that not showing up would be rude, Especially since they where childhood friend's..But she also knew that she had to tell Diane and king since she will be going somewhere else.
So she did, And just like excpected both heavily disagreed..
"ELIZABETH, ARE YOU INSANE?! THAT IS T H E MAEL!!WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S PLANNING TO DO,WHAT IF HE BLACKMAILS YOU, WHAT IF HE RAPES YOU WHAT IF,..",Diane kept bombarding her with 'what if's',She had to admit..It whas risky,But she knew him far too well..He used to write these kinds of note's to her back then..Guess old things never change.
"Diane..trust me, I will be fine..Besides Mael isen't going to hurt me, Whe where best friends, I know these kinds of note's.So if i don't arive at the tree at..12:30 then you can come look for me..Alright?",Elizabeth reasured getting both Diane and King to sigh and admit defeat.

It whas 12:23 when she arived at the place he excpected her, she clearly arived earlier then him and sat down at a bench close by the flower pond.
"So you actually came Ellie..I thought you woulden't show up, Oh well old things never change..",Mael arived about a minute after.
"Yeah, They don't do they..With the note's especially..",Elizabeth answerd with a giggle.
Mael sat down beside her and took a deep breath.
"Elizabeth, There are two reason's i invited you to talk...The first is for..Well you know the wholle lunch thing",He started getting her to nod.
"I might have been a bit over-dramatic...But i'm really sorry Ellie..I just diden't excpect you to date a demon..Especially the Meliodas.",He appoligised.

"It's alright Mael, I understand..Especially after what happend to you're father, But please don't say those things to him again",Elizabeth spoke with a calming voice, Getting Mael to nod.
"Now for the second reason i brought you here..",He trailed off.

"Elizabeth..I need to tell you something really importand..Ive always had feelings for you when we where younger, You where the only one who saw me as more then just a stupid godess who coulden't even kill a flye,and even when you moved away, Those feelings kept growing.
And i know now that you had feelings for me back then too.
Elizabeth, I know you have a boyfriend but...Please..Will you leave him and be my girlfriend?",Mael blurted out, Elizabeth whas shocked, She never excpected him to have feelings for her.

She quitly got up from her seat and took a few steps forward before turning around.
"I'm suprised honesly..But Mael..I'm going to have to decline...Yes i used to have feelings for you back then but that whas 4 years ago, And a lot has changed since.
I love Meliodas a lot, And i woulden't even dare to leave him.
He means a lot to me Mael, You too but..Just not in the same way.
I hope we can stay friend's after this..
I need to go now, Have a good day.",Elizabeth replied with a soft smile Before walking away from the now, Heartbroken Mael.

She had no idea however, How deep his feelings really where.
And it whas even creepy at this point.