Chapter 23.

Please vote, comment, and follow if you liked the story so far, it helps and I'll follow back! :D

Well Kinomoto's back, so yeah I got nothing to say lol, so here's the next chapter. Enjoy :)

Shinozaki's POV 

        "So that's all that happened within this week and last week." I explained to Kinomoto. He shut his eyes and scratched his head.

        "Thats... a bit too much for me to handle." Kinomoto replied. Kishinuma laughed.

        "Then I highly suggest you stay in the sidelines while the others shoot those things down." Yoshiki said.

        I scowled. I shot Yoshiki a look, he noticed and looked down in defeat. I mean what's his problem with Kinomoto? Kinomoto and I aren't dating he doesn't have anything to worry about. Guess he's just envious, I guess that's normal.

        "OK, so Kinomoto, you're going to need something to defend yourself with, do you know how to handle a gun?" I asked.

        He sighed. "Well, I've only learned how to use it once, but I'll figure it out once I've gotten it I guess."

        I smiled. "Good, then here you go." Hinoe handed me a gun, and I passed it to Kinomoto.

        "Thanks Shinozaki." He replied gratefully.

        I smiled again. "You're welcome, oh and you can call me Ayumi." I said.

        He smiled at me this time. "Wow, really? thanks again, Ayumi. You can call me Otonashi as well." He replied.

        "You are welcome once again, Otonashi." I said, he laughed.

        I heard someone groan nearby, I already knew who it was, but Otonashi and I are just being friendly with one another, it's not something he should be jealous about.

        The car slowly came to a stop. "Hinoe? Did something happen?" I ask from the back seat.

        "Yes, we have a problem..." She groaned while face palming.

        "Oh no, what is it?"

        "We ran out of gas for the car, we're going to have to walk from here." She said.

        Everyone in the car groaned. I did the same. "Maybe we should just get rid of some dead weight." Yoshiki said, eyeing Otonashi.

        "Yoshiki!" I exclaimed.

        Something bumped into the car. "What was that?!" Mochida asked frantically.

        Something or someone bumped into the car again, but with a greater force that the car nearly tipped over on it's side. Almost everyone screamed.

        "They've found us!"

        "Lets hide!"

        "Where?!"

        "Um- um?! I don't know!!"

        "Lets leave the car!"

        "WHAT! Are you nuts?!"

        Everyone began speaking frantically over one another while a mysterious thing bumped into the car repeatedly.

        "EVERYONE!!" I screamed, but they kept going on and on loudly, I groaned pulling on my pigtails.

        Finally the anonymous thing bumped into the car so hard that it tipped over on it's side, and kept doing it, until we were all upside down.

        "AHHH!!" We all screamed.

        "We have to leave the car, it's our only option!" Kizami exclaimed, holding Yuka in his arms.

        "But they are all out there, it's a suicide attempt just opening the car door!" Yoshiki exclaimed back.

        Mochida just looked everywhere frantically, not speaking or doing anything helpful. Like always..

        We heard a horrifying screech that shut everyone up. "What WAS that!?"

        One of the car doors were being ripped over. "EYAHHH!!" Yuka shrieked holding onto Kizami.

        The car door ripped open, and those black mists took a look inside, just looking at them made my hair stand on end!

         "It's over, we're all dead!" Mochida yelled.

        The thing grabbed Yuka's leg, and she moved frantically in Kizami's arms. "YUKA!" Mochida yelled.

               "Here!" Hinoe exclaimed out of no where, she held a sword that I didn't know how it would fit in her bag. But she threw it at Kizami, he caught it in time, and slashed right threw the black mists, making it disappear into nothing.

        "Woah! What was THAT?!" Mochida exclaimed once again.

        "A Holy Sword, it can kill those things with just a touch." Hinoe exclaimed kicking her door open, and rolling out.

        Everyone did the same. "Ayumi, come here grab my hand." Otonashi said, as he held a hand out to me. I took it, and he pulled me outside the car.

        "Are there more of those things?" Nakashima asked.

        "No. Luckily, that was just one of them." Hinoe said.

        "Where are we?" Mochida asked.

        "It looks like... downtown." Yoshiki said.

        "But it's a ghost town. No one is here!" Mochida exclaimed walking around.

        I looked around and took in my surroundings. He was right, no one was here, everyone was gone..

        Cars were untouched, broken glass, debri from buildings, objects were scattered everywhere on the ground. No one was... alive.

        "Oh no.." I said as I covered my mouth with both of my hands and realized what just happened.

        Everyone finally noticed what happened. "Where is everyone?" Yoshiki asked.

        "They're all... just gone." Nakashima finally finished.

        "Were we... too late?" Yuka asked, holding onto Kizami tightly, I mean I understand the situation completely, I just thought she would go to Mochida.

        "I don't know Yuka, I honestly don't know." Kizami said looking around.

        We were too late, everyone was getting killed by these things, and we couldn't make it in time, I just... can't take it anymore!!

        "They are just gone! GONE!" I started to scream out.

        "Ayumi calm down-"

        "NO! I will not CALM down!" I screamed.

        "Everyone is dead! Dead!" I exclaimed. I fell to my knees, and pulling on my pigtails even harder now. As if it would stifle my scream.

        Yoshiki came over to me and put an arm on my shoulder. Then instantly I was in his arms.

        "Look, we are not too late, we are not giving up now, and I am definitely not giving up on you, understand?" 

        I was shocked, I forgot the last time he talked to me like this. It was probably in... Heavenly Host.

        Tears welled up in my eyes. I tried as hard as I could to not cry, but it just... I  just couldn't not cry, it was impossible!

        I started to cry onto his chest, it seemed like my only option..

        I didn't know what to do now..