Chapter 33.

Please vote, comment, and follow if you liked the story so far! I follow back!

LETS RECAP: Ayumi may or may NOT have died. I don't want to spoil, you'll have to read further to find out, also Yuka might die so don't HATE ME PLEASE.

Kishinuma's POV

        It has was happening all over again.. I lost her..

        Just as soon as I heard the heart stopping thud from below, I knew it was over. I quickly ran to the edge, not caring if I fell or not. 

        I looked at the bottom, seeing a small body on the hard concrete ground. I had to get down there, as quick as possible.

        I quickly ran to the other side to climb down the ladder. I went as fast as I can, but when I was about 4 yards off the ground, I went too fast and fell.

        I hit the ground hard. Groaning, I quickly got up, I ignored the pain.

        "AYUMI!!" I yelled. The storm that happened out of no where seemed to weaken. I quickly ran to her body, standing next to her was Satoshi.

        He was wide eyed, he stood there stiff.

        "Satoshi! Is she alive?!" I doubted the question I asked him, I could still feel the dread from inside of me.

        He didn't answer, he just stood stiff.

        When I got closer, Ayumi was in horrible condition. HORRIBLE.

        Her body was literally splattered, blood everywhere, her legs were bent awkwardly. I looked at her face, noticing that she had only one eye ball.

        I staggered back and fell. "Ay- AYUMI!!" I couldn't believe my eyes. She was dead!

        I failed.. I couldn't protect her.. I couldn't save her.. She promised me.. She promised we'd make it out together! AYUMI!!

CHAPTER 17... In Kishinuma's POV

         "Ayumi." I said, she turned around. "Hmm? Yes Yoshiki?" 

        I took her hand and turned to her older sister. "May I speak to her for a moment?" I asked Hinoe. She nodded yes while packing some anti-demon weapons into a bag.

        I pulled Ayumi into a hallway and instantly hugged her.

        I didn't want to let her go.. "Ayumi, you know I love you, right?"

        She smiled awkwardly at me. "Of course Yoshiki, but why are you telling me this?" She asked.

        I looked sadly at her. "Ayumi... I couldn't bear losing you last time... I thought you were.. dead. But now it- it's happening all over again. Remember I said your part of me like breathing, if you take that away, I won't be able to live or survive without it.."

        Then she smiled sadly. "Oh Yoshiki, I promise we'll get through this. We always do." She put hand up to my face to brush my blonde hair away from my face. 

        "It's just that... what if one of us doesn't make it through this, what if-"

        "Yoshiki! Yoshiki, look I promise that we'll both make it, if we just work together, like we did in the past, we can make it." She said holding both of my hands tight.

        I looked at her, eyes filled with hope. "Promise?" I asked.

         She smiled again. "I promise." Reassuring me that everyone would be alright.