Chapter 31.

Please vote, comment, and follow if you liked the story so far! I follow back :D!

LETS RECAP: YOSHIKI PROPOSED TO AYUMI KEJWLCHARWNEIAMKCRQWJNHCXWK OTP OTP OTP! OTP!!! NOW BACK TO THE CRYING(lol why do i keep saying that? xD)

Shinozaki's POV

        I was silent.

        I was... I was completely shocked, this, was.. wow. I can't believe he just. He did so much for me.. And this really takes the cake.

        I didn't know he felt this way about me. I mean I did, but this way?

        I can still remember when we were dating, about near the end of last year, near New Year's Eve. I caught him doing something I thought he stopped a long time ago.

A Few Months Earlier..(New Year's Eve)

        I was packing all the Christmas items back into their boxes. Saving them for a another Christmas next year.

        "Need help?" 

        I turned around and saw Yoshiki hovering above me. I smiled. "Nah, I got this, but if you want to make yourself useful, why don't you take the decorations off the Christmas tree?" 

        "On it!" He replied, quickly walking to the tree, beginning to take off the ornaments.

        I liked how he was very useful. When I asked him a favor, he'd always do it for me. He loves it when he makes me smile. He told me that once about a month ago. Weird how I still remember it.

        "Oi, Shinozaki, I'm going to, uh, step out for a bit. Is that alright?" Yoshiki quietly asked.

        I smiled, still not turning around. Still packing the decorations into their boxes. I hated it when I smiled for no reason, but I couldn't help myself when I was around him.

        "Huh? Oh sure, just make sure you come back in to finish taking off the decorations." I replied. I could hear him walk out of my house. Out my front door.

        I wonder why he asked to step out. Maybe he just wanted some fresh air, I couldn't blame him. He drank so much Eggnog after all. 

        I heard coughing. I turned around to see all three of the kids, Yuki, Ryou, and Tokiko had fallen asleep on the couch. Couldn't blame them. We were all staying up all night for New Year's.

        But the coughing didn't come from them. Suzumoto was with them, stroking Tokiko's short hair. "Suzumoto." I said.

        She held a finger up, putting it to her mouth. Telling me to be for quiet..

        "Oh, I'm sorry." I whispered. She nodded.

        Morishige couldn't come with Suzumoto, he had his own family to celebrate it with. Mochida and Nakashima are at Shinohara's. While Yoshiki and Suzumoto decided to stay at my house with their families. Who were in the other room for now.

        "Suzumoto, do you hear that?" I mouthed, but whispered loud enough for her to hear.

        She nodded. I stood up from the fireplace I was at. I'll take off the stockings later.

        I quietly sneaked to the door, careful not to wake the kids from their slumber. 

        I slowly turned the doorknob slowly, until I heard a click. I cracked the door open a bit, and a putrid smell hit my nostrils.

        Is that... Smoke?! I quickly slammed the door right open and saw Yoshiki flinch.

        "Sh- Shinozaki?! What are you-" I quickly looked down to his hand. Which held a cigarette.

        "Ugh! You'd said you'd quit!" I exclaimed. I heard a Shh from inside. Must be Suzumoto, she doesn't want either of us to wake the kids.

        "I- I-" He stuttered.

        "I don't want you to get sick! I don't want you to get hurt! You're already coughing, why are you doing this to me?!" I cried.

        I cared about him, I didn't want to see him get hurt, physically or mentally. I didn't want him to get sick, or get in trouble. But smoking!? UGH!

        "I- I didn't know why, I just, I had to, I-"

        "Do you want to get sick?! Haven't you seen those stop smoking commercials?! Try getting some help Kishinuma!" He knows I'm mad when I use his last name.

        "I- I'm sorry, I promise to never to do it again, I swear!" He quickly said.

        "Please, you better not.. Or I'm afraid I'm going to have to take drastic measures." I smacked the cigarette out of his hand.

        He stared down at the ground. "I promise.."

Back to Reality..

        I realized I stared at him for 5 minutes as the flash back wavered away.

        "Sh- Shinozaki?" He asked once again.

        I couldn't say anything, I was completely frozen. Should I say yes? No? I don't know!

        "I- I-" I tried to find my words. I don't know what to say.. but in a situation where this never happened.. I'd say yes.

        But it's happening alright, so I have to go with the other answer.. I hate to break his heart like this..

        I started crying on the spot. "Ay- Ayumi what's wrong?" He asked, concern in his voice.

        "I- I'm sorry, I- I can't! I'm sorry. I'm really sorry! I just can't!" I cried out. I fell to the floor.

        "Ay- Ayumi..." He trailed off.

        "I can't be with you, I have to save everyone, as much as it hurts me to say this, but you have to let me go-"

        "NO!" He yelled. "I can't live without you!" He exclaimed.

        "Don't you get it?! If this never happened I would say yes! YES, YES, YES!" I screamed. 

        He stared at me, I couldn't read the expression on his face anymore. 

        "I just want everyone to live!" I cried. He continued to stare at me, in the rain. I never noticed that we were literally getting drenched in the rain.

        "I love you Yoshiki.. I love you, I really do.. But I can't marry you, I'm sorry.." I said, painfully. It hurt like hell to say those words.

        "Goodbye, Yoshiki.." I said quietly.

        I began climbing the ladder. He grabbed my leg.

        "No." He finally said.

        "Please! You have to let me go! And I'm deeply sorry for what I'm about to do!" He looked confused, but then I kicked him off.

        "Ouch! Wait Ayumi!" I heard him yell, but I was too busy climbing the ladder.

        He saved me in Heavenly Host.

        Now it's time for me to save him.

        If he could just stop trying to save me, like he stopped smoking, then everyone would live.

COMMENT WHAT YOU THOUGHT, VOTE AND FOLLOW, I FOLLOW BACK XD