You're In Love... Or Something

I was in a better mood and in a happier place. Things could move forward with Tahj and I after the whole Raheem situation. I was over talking and thinking about it now.

So my focus moved on to the end of the year trip. Students were already out of school and taking regents exams. Because of this not a lot of students were coming to the program, it wasn't really necessary of them anyways. It was optional at this point if they wanted to come by and hang out. We would leave for the trip Monday morning.

Wednesday went by fine. Shawn and Raheem were a no show, I figured it would continue like this until Monday.

I did question D more since his news to me was still overwhelming and I still didn't believe his ass.

"Well, you'll believe me once you come home one day and see a nigga on my lap cause ya boy getting thirsty."
I laughed out loud.
"If that's the case then what do you really have against gay clubs?"
D gave me one of his meme-able faces.
"Because them shits is played that's why. You didn't see that allergic reaction I had the other night when we went to one?"
I nodded my head but then shook it and chuckled.
"You something else, D."

I find myself at my desk just smiling thinking about our conversation. There was so much to talk about now. I was still sleeping in his bed, something was going on with KJ.

"I think his ass is hiding from the cops," D said.

We were lying in his bed again Wednesday night, staring up at the ceiling. The light in one corner of the room was still giving off that pink ombré glow. Between the lighting and his bed this room was definitely comfortable and a destresser.

"Probably hiding from his girl too," he added.
"He didn't mention how long?"
"Nope but unlike you I know for a fact he gonna up and bounce."
I jab his arm but he only grinned in return.
"I'm gonna miss you, though," he said after a beat.
I looked over at him but he was staring at the ceiling.
"I hope you don't mind but I haven't been planning on leaving yet. With so much going on I haven't even been looking for anything."
"No worries, I ain't planning on kicking you out."
"I'm gonna give you something this week."
He sucked his teeth.
"Yes, I am."
"I believe you but you don't need to."
"The hell I don't, you getting something. I don't feel right just staying and not contributing to nothing."
"Anything. It's anything. You use that grammar around them students?"
I jabbed him harder and he laughed.
"Fuck off, you know what I mean."
"Ouch! That shit hurt." But he was laughing. "Fucking hate you," he muttered.
I slapped him this time, on the face, not too hard but he muttered, "Fuck it."

Next thing I know we're play fighting, tackling each other, falling off the bed, throwing pillows at each other, running wrestling moves on each other.

A banging came from the door.
"Fuck is y'all doing in there?" KJ said.
"Tag team!" D called and opened the door and grabbed KJ, swinging him into the room. With the force of the swing KJ ran into me.
"Nah, fuck this," he said and quickly bounced.
D closed the door behind KJ but was in hysterics.

"Fuck is you cheesing about?"
I look up and Jackson's in my face. I looked around to gather my surroundings. I was too deep in thought about last night.

Then I felt Karol breathing down my neck despite the fact that her desk was way behind me.

"He's just doing his usual," came her voice.

I turned around in my desk chair and gave her an ugly look.

"You got a problem with me, Karol? Cause I'm getting tired of yo shit."
"Okay, okay," Jackson interrupted and grabbed me and guided me outside.

The door behind our office led to the playground where Group A was playing and running around at. The sun was beaming and I was glad I chose a T-shirt to wear today instead of my usual get up.