Chapter 3

*Wylda P.O.V.*

   The following afternoon I still hadn't given Jack the cookies. We were outside chilling when myself and the other VKs saw Ben take a bite of Mal's cookie, and it worked. They turned to me and began walking towards me. "Have you given Jackson a cookie yet," Evie asked. "Not yet," I said standing. "You better do it soon. The Coronation is in a couple of weeks," Mal said. "Right. On it. Let me go find him," I said rushing off. I found him putting his books in his locker and walked up to him. "Jack. We're friends right," I said. "Yeah. What's up Wylda," he said turning to me. "I need you to do me a favor," I said. "And what's the favor," he asked leaning against the lockers. "Could you please pretend to be madly in love with me for the next couple of weeks," I asked. "Weird favor, but no," he said. "Ok. It was a lot to ask anyway," I said starting to walk away. "I don't have to pretend," he said grabbing my wrist. "What? I-I don't understand," I said. "I don't have to pretend because that is exactly how I feel about you," he said stepping closer to me. "What," I said shocked. "Wyldaline Sanderson, I have been madly in love with you since the moment I saw you step out of that limo. That is why I have placed myself near you all the time," he said now holding both my wrists. "Wow. Jack, but why didn't you tell me this before," I asked. "Because I was scared of rejection. Now that I don't have to worry about that. Will you, Wylda, be my date to the Coronation," he asked. "Yes. I would be honored, Jack," I said. "I have one more question," he said. "And what's that," I asked. "Will you go on a date with me tomorrow night," he asked. "How shall I dress tomorrow night," I asked. "Dress casual," he said before walking off.

    I met Lonnie, Mal, and Evie in the stands at the tourney game and they turned to me. "Did you give him the cookie," Evie asked. "I didn't have to. Turns out that he has liked me since we arrived in Auradon," I said waving at Carlos. "So you didn't even need the cookie," Mal asked surprised. "Nope," I said. We watched the game and the Auradon Knights won.

   "Evie are you ok," I asked. "Yeah it's just, I thought Chad liked me," she said. "Evie you don't need a guy to make you, you," I said. "You are smart and beautiful and amazing, all on your own," Mal said. "Yeah you're right. I don't need a prince," Evie said. Mal, Evie, and I went back to their room and we talked. "So I've come up with some designs for our dresses for the Coronation," Evie said going to her desk. She pulled out some papers and laid them out. I looked at the dress that she said was mine and was shocked. "Evie, this dress is absolutely beautiful. And it's not too fancy either," I said. "What can I say. I'm good," she said. We hung out while she started working on the dresses and when it started to get late I headed back to my dorm room. "Hey Emma," I greeted as I walked in the door. I turned to see William, Paris, and Jack standing against the wall. "Jack, Paris, William," I said walking over to them to greet them. I went to Jack's side and put my arm around his back. "Umm what's going on here," William said a little jealous. "Should we tell them," Jack asked me. "Only if you want to," I said with a smirk. "We have a date tomorrow night and Wylda is my date for the Coronation," Jack announced.

   "WHAT," Paris and William exclaimed together. "I thought I was your plus one," Paris asked. "Paris we've been over this I don't like you like that," Jack said. "After all we've been through you choose her over me," Paris said upset. "I think I'm going to go," I said. "No you don't have to go," Jack said. "No it's ok. You two sort this out and I have to talk to Fairy Godmother anyway. Emma I'll be back before curfew," I said as I walked out. I went off and wandered the halls keeping an eye on the time, while I was wandering the hall I ran into Ben. "Wylda hi," he said. "Oh Ben. Hi," I said. "Is something wrong," he asked. "No. Actually yes. You've been best friends with Jack for a while right," I asked. "Yeah since we were kids," he said. "Did him and Paris ever," I began. "Go out," he finished. "Yeah," I sighed. "Yes, but it ended about a year ago. Did they get into an argument about him asking you to be his date for my Coronation," he asked. "Yes and about our date tomorrow night," I said sliding down the wall to sit on the floor. He squatted down in front of me and put his hand on my arm. "I promise you that things between them are far past over. And I've seen how he looks at you, it's the same way I look at Mal," he said. 'Your under a spell Ben,' I thought to myself. "Another question are you close with William Turner the third," I asked as he helped me stand. "Yeah," he said. "Why would he freak out when we told him that we were going out," I asked. "Oh that's because he had his eye on you too," he answered walking me back to my room. "What! Two Pirate Princes were pawning over me," I said surprised. "You know about their parents and the pirate court," he asked surprised. "I may be from an isolated island, but I don't live under a rock," I said. "Oh well. I hope your date goes well tomorrow," he said as we made it to my room.