Chapter 12

*Wylda P.O.V.*

Uma ended up swimming away and leaving Ben and Mal. Ben swam back to the boat and Mal flew back over and transformed herself back to human and in a brand new dress. Everything was made right and then we partied throughout the night. As we were walking back to the dorms at almost dawn one of Ben's personal letter carriers approached Jack and handed him a enveloped letter. "It's from my father," he said. "Well what are to waiting for. Read It," I said. "My son, I hope this letter finds you and your charming girlfriend Wylda well. I am writing to you on account of Wyda's dream. At the end of the school year I will return to Auradon docks to pick up the two of you to sail as much of the world in three months. Study hard and I will see the both of you soon. Signed Captain Jack Sparrow," he read out loud. "We get to sail the world," I said excitedly. "Looks like it," Jack said. "I can't wait. I'm so excited. I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. "Wylda we only have two weeks left of this school year," Jack said. "And that's two weeks too long," I said. "Hey! Wylda! Hold on a sec," Ben yelled running towards me. "I'll see you later," I said to Jack before I turned to see what Ben was needing. "I know you brought you pet bird back to Auradon. And I know that you are going to need to get some things for her. So when you go tell them to send me the bill and I'll take care of it," Ben said. "Thank you so much Ben. You don't know how much this means to me," I said. "Yeah well I know it can be tough sometimes and your bird was sometimes the only one there for you. I just want to help in anyway I can," he said.

We used the weekend to catch up on sleep and I took Precious to a specialist. "My my what happened to this magnificent bird," the Avian doctor said when I bought her in. "I'm still not sure. When I left my home on the Isle, I left her in the care of my brother and when I went back for her recently I found her with a sprained wing and locked up tight in a cage. And when she saw my shadow approaching she freaked out like crazy," I explained. "It sounds like your brother may have been mistreating her," she said. "That's what I thought. Carlos helped me make a temporary split for her but I figured you could give her a more stable one," I said. "I sure can. I just got to grab a few things and I'll be right back," she said. I waited for the doctor to come back and while I did, I sat and talked with Precious. I didn't notice the doctor walk back in so I jumped a little when she spoke. "You can understand birds," she asked. "I found that I can understand any animal I come across," I said. "Alright so I got everything I needed," she said as she took of the temporary split. She proceeded to put on a new sturdier splint when she was done Precious was much happier. "Thank you so much," I said. "It's what I do. Now that split should stay on for about a week then you can come back and I'll remove it and the wing will be just fine," she said. I thanked her again and went to the Wonder Emporium to find some new toys for Precious.

We walked in and I walked over to the bird section. "Which perch do you want, Precious," I asked. She hopped into a hanging perch and so we added that one to the purchase. We then went over to the toy area of the bird section and I let her pick out a few toys. I grabbed a bag of food and some treats, a food and a water dish then went over to check out and they rang up everything. Once everything was rung up the employee looked to me for payment. "Oh. King Ben said to have the bill sent to him," I said. "Oh you're friends with King Ben. No charge for anything. It's on the house," he said. I walked outside the store and since I don't have a car and Jack is still asleep I called Jay. "Hello," he answered. "Hey Jay. It's Wylda. I am at the Wonder Emporium and I was wondering if you could come help me carry my stuff for Precious back to the dorm," I said. "Sure. No problem. I'll be there in no more than ten minutes," he said.

I sat down outside and waited and when he got there he looked out of breath. "Thank you for coming Jay," I said. "Hey it's no problem. We are friends after all," he said picking up the bag of food. I carried the bag with the treats and dishes and had Precious on my shoulder. "So how long have you had her," Jay asked as we walked. "Ever since I was little she's been mine. She was my only friend for a while," I said. "So was she a gift or did you get her from the black market of the Isle," he asked. "Believe it or not, I actually found her abandoned, right after she learned how to fly, in the woods of the isle," I said. "So I was like you saved eachother," he said. "Yeah just like that," I said. We chatted some more while we walked and when we got to the dorms he set the food down in my room then went to fencing practice. I set up everything and once I set up the perch I let Precious hop onto it. The next few days were full of finals but it was worth it because I knew I was going to get to sail the world with Jack and his dad.