Chapter 7

*Wylda P.O.V*

   We partied through the night and when we finally all settled down we went to our rooms and went to bed. The following morning, I put on my mother's old cotton cowl (pictured above^^) and met Ben outside of the dorms. "You ready," he asked. I grabbed my bag and looked at him. "As ready as I'll ever be. Gotta find out the truth sometime," I said climbing on his bike. "Suscipe me et te usquam," I said enchanting the motorcycle. We rode across the water and he dropped me off by the harbor.  "I'll be back to get you tomorrow morning," he said. "Thank you Ben," I said giving him a quick hug. I entered the isle and began my search for my Father. I heard Uma and Harry so I quickly hid myself in the shadows. "I still can't believe your sister chose to be good yesterday," Uma said. "I know that is just so unlike her," Harry said. "And I don't understand why you keep that thing with you all the time. It doesn't even listen to you," Uma said. "I told you, Uma, I promised Wylda I would take care of her," I said. "But she's good now," Uma said. "That doesn't change the fact that she is still my sister. And good or not, I made a promise to her," Harry said. They walked off towards the Fish and Chips shop and once they were inside I continued to search for my Father.

    When I reached the Jolly Rodger, I snuck aboard and made my way to the Captain's quarters. Once I got to the door it was locked. "Found you," I whispered more to myself. I pulled out my lock-picking kit, and unlocked the door. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I looked around and found him asleep in his hammock. "Father, we need to talk," I said once I reached him. "Hmmm," he said groggily. "Captain Hook! I have to speak with you," I said once more waking him up. "What! How did you get in here? More importantly how did you get back to the isle," he asked. "First I picked the lock because I learned from the best and second we need to talk," I answered. "What about," he asked confused. "Our heritage," I said. "What do you want to know," he asked intrigued. "Are we somehow related to the Sorcerer Merlin," I asked sitting on a barrel. "You found out, eh," he said. "So it is true," I said. "Yes he is your Great-Great-Great-Great-Great- Greatgrandfather. I knew that you would find out eventually, but I always thought that you would have his gifts," he said walking over to his desk. "What do you mean," I asked following him. He opened a secret hatch in his desk and pulled out a spell book. "This was his spell book. Before he passed he requested that it stay in the family and be passed down to the one with his same gift. It was foretold that the one would have hair like fire and eyes like the ocean. When you were born I knew you would be the one to receive his book," he explained. "Why didn't you tell me sooner," I asked. "Because I was scared you wouldn't believe me," he said handing me the book. I put it in my bag and he told me more about my ancestor. "Remember this one thing, never let that spell book into the wrong hands. Bad things will come of it if you do," he said. I stayed in his cabin for the night and when morning came I sneakily and quickly made my way back to the lower harbor to meet Ben.

   When he arrived I climbed on the motorcycle with him and we rode back to Auradon. Once we got back I went to find Mal and the others. I found them in the garden playing croquet with some over the other students. "Mal, Evie, Carlos, Jay," I called. They looked up at me and saw the look on my face before they excused themselves. "Wylda are you alright," Mal asked. "Yeah. Can I talk with you guys. Somewhere more private," I said.  We went to the boys' room and they sat down. "I went and talked to my Father," I said. "How? And what did he say," Evie asked. "Ben took me. My father said the Merlin was my ancestor and he foretold of my power. He said I was going to be a great sorceress like him before me. Guys I'm freaking out," I said stress scratching the back of my neck. "Wylda calm down," Jay said grabbing me by my shoulders. "It's going to be okay. This is good news," Mal said. "You're right. Maybe I just need to take some time for myself," I said. "Okay," they said. I walked out of the room and made my way to the Library. I found a quiet corner and pulled the spell book out of my bag when I opened it something fell out. I picked it up and there was no label on the envelope, so I took the letter out and read it.
Dear Descendent,
  I hope this letter finds you well, I'm sure you just found out about who you are and have lots of questions. Do not fear for know that my spirit will guide you. Also know that your gift, if practiced properly, will make you strong. Your journey will be long and hard, but not as hard as mine was. In my time magic was forbidden and I had to keep the prince of Camelot alive, and he was really stubborn. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and safety to all you know.
Always,
Merlin the Sorcerer.

   I finished reading the letter and felt suddenly releaved about everything I had found out. I read through some of the spells and began to understand my purpose. When it got late I returned the letter to the book and slipped the book in my bag and went back to my dorm room. I no longer felt stressed about my future because I had learned more about my past.

*Hope you enjoyed my input to the first movie. Keep reading to finish through the whole trilogy*