Chapter 9

*Wylda P.O.V*

    That night we snuck out to the limo, and Dude tried to follow. "Shotgun," Dude said. "No Dude. You have to stay here," Carlos said. "Did he just," Jay started. "Talk," Jack finished. "Yeah. No time to explain," Carlos said. "Wait you mean he didn't do that before," I said. "No he just started doing it today," Carlos said. "Great. Guess I can do one other thing, understand animals," I said. We got in the limo and covered it with tarp before we headed out to find Mal. Ben was having a hard time sticking to the shadows so we showed him how. As soon as he got the hang of it we ran into Gil. "Hi Wylda," Gil said flirtatiously. "Gil," I said annoyed. "Who's this," Jack said about to step in front of me. "An old friend," I said stopping him. After he realized who Ben was, we got out of there and Ben went up to Mal's hideout to make amends. When he came down Mal was not with him I watched Ben walk off and saw him be pulled to the side. "Guys where's Ben," Carlos said. Evie then started calling for Ben and when we saw a shadow walking towards us she calmed down. "Ben don't scare us like that," Evie said.

     "Scare you? Now that's my specialty," Harry said. "Harry," I said. "Wylda. My my how you have changed," he said circling me. "And you haven't changed one bit," I said eying him. "Should I run him through," Jack asked me. "No then you would hurt me," I said to him. "Oh so you haven't told your little boyfriend yet," Harry said. "Jack this is my Brother," I said. I looked closer at him and widened my eyes. "Where is she Harry," I asked. "Who," he said. "You know exactly who. I trusted you with her," I said. "Oh her. She is where she belongs. That little rat never listened to me anyway," he said. "I swear, Harry if you have hurt her in any way I will end you," I said. "Ah ah ah. Such mean word for a good girl," he teased.  "Enough," Evie said. "What did you do with Ben," Jay asked. "Oh we knicked him. And if you want to see him again, have Mal come to the Chip shop tonight, ALONE. Uma wants a little visit," Harry said. We went up to talk to Mal and she left to go get Ben. "There is something I have to do, I'll be back," I said. "You're not going anywhere without me," Jack said. "Where exactly are you going," Carlos asked. "To find someone who knows where my Precious is. I left her behind once, I'm not doing it again," I said. I climbed down and made my way toward the docks. I hid behind some barrels when I felt someone following me. When they came out of the alley they looked right at me and it was Jack. "I told you I was coming with you," he said. "Then get down here," I said pulling him down. "What exactly are we doing," he asked. "Waiting. Any second now my target will be thrown out of that shop," I said. As soon as the words left my mouth Gil was thrown out of the Chip shop by Harry. I snuck up behind him and grabbed him by the ear while also covering his mouth. I dragged him far enough away before I interrogated him. "Where is she," I said. "Who," he asked. "Who else would I want to have near me," I said. "Well definitely not Uma. And I thought you hated Mal so not her either," he rambled. "Gil. Focus. Where is my Precious," I said firmly. "Have your eyes always done that. They are turning silver," he said. "Dicam veritatem in luce dies," I said. "What were we talking about again," Gil asked. "You were telling me where my Precious is," I said. "Oh, the Captain's quarters of Uma's ship," he said. "That's better, Gil," I said letting go of his ear and grabbing Jack's hand. "You ready for an adventure," I asked him. "As long as I got you," he said. I began to climb up the building to survey Uma's ship from a good vantage point and he followed close behind. We reached the roof top and I scoped out the ship. "Two crewmen aboard. Not a problem," I said. I slid down the side of the building using the flag to keep me steady. Jack followed doing the same. We walked on the deck of the ship and sneakily made our way to the Captain's quarters. I went to try the door and it was locked. "Oh no," I said. "What," Jack asked. "It's locked," I said. I thought for a moment then realized I put a bobby pin in my hair. I pulled it out and began to pick the lock. Once I got it I slowly opened the door. Once Jack and I were in I looked around and found her locked in a cage.

(Precious^^)

(Precious^^)

    I looked around the room to check for booby traps and saw none. I walked cautiously towards her and when I reached her she started to go crazy. "Shhh. Shhh. It's ok Precious it's me," I said calmingly. I did the only thing I knew would calm her when she didn't calm at my words, I sang her favorite song.

"Lavender's blue, dilly dilly
Lavender's green
When I am king, dilly dilly
You shall be queen

Call up your men, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plow, dilly dilly
Some to the cart

Some to make hay, dilly dilly
Some to cut corn
While you and I, dilly dilly
Keep ourselves warm

Lavender's green, dilly dilly
Lavender's blue
If you love me, dilly dilly
I will love you

Call up your men, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plow, dilly dilly
Some to the cart

Some to make hay, dilly dilly
Some to cut corn
While you and I, dilly dilly
Keep ourselves warm

Lavender's green, dilly dilly
Lavender's blue
If you love me, dilly dilly
I will love you"

    As I sang she started to calm down, and sing with me. She we finished singing I picked her lock and she stepped on my arm. I examined her and she had a sprained wing and was a little ruffled, but other than that she was fine. I moved her to my back and she latched onto my belt. "Let me see your jacket," I said to Jack. "Ok what for," he asked. "She can't fly, and we can't sneak back out if she is seen, and she is pretty bright," I said grabbing it from his hand. "Precious, hold on, stay straight up, and try not to make noise," I told her before I put on Jack's jacket. We made it back to Mal's hideout and I took off the jacket. "Come on," I said urging her to step on my arm. She did and I let her on the table. "Oh, how beautiful," Evie said. "Yeah and very hurt. Carlos I need your help to make a wing split. She sprained her left wing pretty bad," I said. "Ok. First we need to find something to brace her wing against then we will need to wrap it with something,"  he said. We found some stuff that could work and made a splint and she hopped back on my arm while Carlos put it on. "I've missed you so much," I said resting my forehead against hers. "Together forever," she said. "I never should have left you behind, Precious," I said. Just as Carlos finished Mal came up the stairs.