Chapter 8

*Wylda P.O.V.*
6 months later

    I was hanging out in Evie's room with Jack and Doug. "I had some ideas for your dress for the cotillion," she said pulling out her sketch book. "Evie. You know I love you dearly and I love your designs, but I had something else in mind," I said. "Well what were you wanting then," she asked. I walked over to her and grabbed a blank paper off her desk. "I was thinking something like this," I said sketching out a dress cut off in the front with a pair of attached pants. "Oh. I actually like this," she said beginning to edit he sketches for my dress. "Wylda, we better go or we are going to be late," Jack said. "Oh where are you going," Doug asked. "Jack has planned a rare lunch with his dad and Grandfather. I hope you Grandfather likes me," I said. "Are you crazy! He will love you, if not he will learn to love you," he said taking my hands. We left Evie and Doug, we drove out to the docks on Jack's motorcycle and I saw their ships and heard their shouts. "Ahoy Captains," Jack shouted. "Ah. Wylda my dear so good to see you again," Captain Jack said as he slid down a rope to the dock. "Captain Jack. A pleasure as always," I said nodding my head. "So this is the famous Wylda my grandson has been talking about. I thought you'd be...," his grandfather began. "Taller? Skinnier," I tried guessing. "No more confident," he finished.

    "Who said I'm not confident," I questioned. "There's the confidence I remember," Captain Jack said. "Shall we go to lunch then," Jack suggested. "Of course. Who cooked," Captain Black Beard said. "Wylda and I cooked together," Jack said. We had lunch together and everything went well. When night came we walked them back out to the docks. After we saw them off we made our way back to the dorms to get to bed for school in the morning. "Before we go in I have a surprise for you," he said pulling me aside. "Ok," I said confused. "Close your eyes," he said. I did and he picked me up and carried me for a few minutes. When he stopped he put me down. "Don't open them yet," he said. I stood there waiting until he told me I could open them. When I opened them we were in a field on top of a hill. "Wow Jack, this view is amazing," I said. "You haven't even seen the best part," he said. He turned me around and in the windows of the dorms, was spelled out I Love You in candlelight. "Jack," I said shocked.

   He then began to sing (song^^) and as he sang we danced together in the field. Once we stopped swaying and he stopped singing, he looked down at me. "Jack I love you too," I said. He kissed my forehead and we walked back to the dorm hand in hand. I went to bed like normal and the next morning got up for school. Since my schedule is pretty similar to Evie's we walked to our classes together. "So how was the lunch yesterday," she asked. "It went great. I think I've grown on his grandfather," I said. "That's great news," she said. We walked to class making small talk. "Is everything okay," Evie asked as we approached our class. "Yeah. Why," I asked. "You seem out of it," she said. "It's just I have a bad feeling in my gut. Like something big is going to happen," I said. "Is that all that's bothering you," she said. "I'm also missing my bird. But this feeling, I've had flashes in my dreams. A male voice warning me. I think it was my ancestor Merlin," I said. "What kind of flashes have you seen," she asked. "Mostly of us back on the Isle and Uma," I said. "Uma," she said surprised. "I don't know what it means either," I said. "Well what does the voice say," she asked. "That my destiny is about to begin," I said sitting down. The rest of the day was pretty normal and I did my homework with Jack.

    The following day, I went about my classes and laid down for a nap after my afternoon classes. I woke up breathing heavily and ran to find Evie. "Evie! It happened again, but this time it was clear," I said when I found her studying in the garden. "Calm down. Tell me exactly what you saw," she said. "Mal is going back to the Isle. By herself," I said. "Are you sure," she asked. "It was as clear as the Auradon sky," I said. She grabbed her stuff and we took off for her room. When we got there, her jacket was gone and so was her mom. "Evie I think I found something," I said. "A note with Ben's ring," she said. She read the note and we quickly went to find Ben in his office. "I have to go find her and apologize," he said. "Then we are coming with you," I said. "And we'll bring the boys. There is safety in numbers," Evie said. I went to my room to dig out one of my Isle outfits and ran into Jack on my way. "Hey. You okay," he asked holding me by my shoulders. "Not here," I said pulling him into my empty room by the hand. "I'm going back to the Isle," I said. "What! Why," he asked. "Mal took off and is on the Isle. We are going to get her and there is something else I need to do while I'm there," I said. "Then I'm going with you," he said. "It's dangerous there," I said. "And I'm a third generation pirate. I think I'll be fine. Besides I love you and I want to be able to support you at all times," he said. "We are leaving tonight. You'll need to wear your most villainy outfit you own," I said after a moment.