Chapter 17

*Wylda P.O.V.*

   The following day we were preparing to head out to Jane's birthday party at the Enchanted Lake. "Ok who ate Jane's cake," Carlos asked. I looked out the door to see Dizzy and Celia sharing a piece of cake and I giggled. We had the TV on and they were still yammering about someone stealing the Queen's crown. We were almost done gathering everything up when I looked out the window to see Audrey with the crown and scepter and strike Mal with a spell. "Oh no this is not good," I said. We ran outside and watched as Audrey got away. "Woah! Might want to think of a spell for that," Jay said turning to hag Mal. "There is no spell that can reverse the curse of the Scepter. Forget about me. Audrey's out for revenge and all of Auradon is in danger," Mal said. "What should we do," Evie asked. I saw the kids coming outside and I ran over to them. "Dizzy, Squeaky, Squirmy, Hanna. You guys stay inside," I said guiding them back in. We went and got our bikes and we began to solve this year's problem. We got to the Isle and Mal was back to normal and my phone started to ring. "Hello," I answered. "Wylda you will not believe the surprise that is waiting for you here," Jane said. "Jane. Hi. Umm. We are going to be a little late we have an errand to run real quick," I said. "Ok just don't be long," she said. I hung up and ran to catch up with the others at the entrance to Dr. Facilier's lair.

    "Who was that," Carlos asked. "Jane she said she had some sort of surprise for me at her party," I said. We walked in and while Mal and Celia retrieved the ember we hung out with Dr. Facilier. "So you're a witch huh," he said to me. "Not a witch, a sorceress. Just like my ancestor before me," I said. We were hanging out and Carlos turned on the TV. "Umm guys," Carlos said. We gathered around and found out that Auradon was under a sleeping spell. We walked out after Celia got the key and found Harry Gil and others on our bikes. "Get off my bike Hook," Jay yelled as Harry drove off. "The rooftops. We'll have a better chance to cut them off," I said climbing up. We ran around the Isle for a while until we eventually lost them. "Looks like we'll be walking back," Evie said. We found Mal and Celia after they got the ember and just as we got through the barrier and we were closing it Harry and Gil dove through before it sealed.

   "Where's our bikes, Harry," I said. "Oh uhh. We crashed them," he said. Jay and Carlos started to push them and Mal dropped the ember and when she went to pick it up, Harry made her drop it again and this time it was going for the water. "No," Mal yelled. Just as it was about to hit the water a familiar tentacle grabbed it out of the air. Uma joined us on the bridge and confessed that she was not, in fact, plotting revenge. Instead she was looking for a hole in the barrier. "Uma I need that to stop Audrey," Mal said. "Oh so the good guy is the bad guy. You can have it if you promise to every kid in the Isle go to Auradon," Uma said. "I can't do that," Mal said. Uma walked over to the edge of the bridge and held the ember over the water. "Ok! Fine! Just please give me the ember," Mal said. Uma teased like she was going to drop it. "Uma stop," I yelled. "Uma her word is good," Evie said. "Fine, but I'm holding on to this," Uma said sticking the ember in her jacket. "Since we'll be spending more time together, how about we break the ice," I suggested. "Yes. With an icebreaker," Evie said. When no one responded Evie spoke again. "Anyone want some gum," Evie asked. "Let's go," Uma said starting to walk toward Auradon. "Uh no. I'm in charge... Let's go," Mal said.

   We follow behind Mal and when we got to the Auradon Prep grounds everyone was asleep. "So what made the little princess become evil," Harry asked. "Harry not the time," I said. "Well she was stuck taking summer school classes," Jay said. "Well I can see why the little princess decided to turn evil. Summer school could do that to anyone," Harry said. I saw a streak of red in the sky. I whistled and Precious flew down and landed on my shoulder. "What's it looking like," I said scratching the underside of her neck. "People have fallen under spelled sleep, some have met a worst fate," Precious told me. "Al I heard was a bunch of squawking," Uma said. "Only she can understand animals," Evie explained. "She said that all of Auradon is asleep except a few. Those few have met something worse," I said. As soon as the words left my mouth, I look over to see someone turned to stone. "Oh no, you're right Precious it is much worse," I said. Everyone looked in the direction I was looking and Evie ran over.

    "Hannah! Oh no," Evie said. "We have to stop Audrey before anything else happens," I said. "Yeah. But let's find Ben first," Mal said. "Should we check the castle," Gil suggested. "Yeah," I agreed. "Let's go check the castle," Mal said. We made our way to the castle and when we walked inside it was very quiet. Uma and Mal started arguing again and I saw the knight suits starting to move. "Um guys," I said trying to get their attention. They continued to argue and I looked at Evie, she saw the knights too. "Guys! We have more important things to deal with than territorial dominance," I said raising my voice. They stopped and looked to see that the knights were advancing and talking in Audrey's voice.